1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What If The Carnival Barker Had Bark

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jul 20, 2021.

?

If only Trump had allow photographers to take photos, followed up by a press conference!

1. there'd be much less vaccine-hesitancy among his base

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. little or no impact on vaccine-hesitancy

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. adoo

adoo Member

What If The Carnival Barker Had Bark about him and his wife getting the COVID vaccine shots in the White House,
    w the same pomp and circumstance surrounding his press conferences for using cleaning solutions and other disproved COVID cures ?

If only Trump had allow photographers to take photos, followed up by a press conference!

2. adoo

adoo Member

Trump’s tepid, half-assed endorsement of Covid-19 vaccines,

Former President Donald Trump endorsed getting a Covid-19 vaccine during his most recent Fox News interview — kind of.

In classic Trump style, he tried to have it both ways in response to Maria Bartiromo’s question about whether he would advise viewers to get one.

“I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don’t want to get it, and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly,” he said during the Tuesday phone interview. “It is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

But Trump’s endorsement was not unequivocal. Immediately after recommending
    his supporters get vaccinated, Trump offered an apologia for those who refuse, saying,
    “we have our freedoms, and we have to live by that. And I agree with that also.”​

On February 28 when he did so in an even more perfunctory way in the middle of attacking President Joe Biden.

“He [Biden] got his vaccine. He forgot. It shows you how unpainful all that vaccine shot is.
    So, everybody, go get your shot,” Trump said. “He forgot, so it wasn’t very traumatic obviously,
    but he got his shot, and it’s good that he got his shot.”​

Trump wants credit for the very vaccines he can’t bring himself to unequivocally endorse
    The irony is Trump is refusing to speak out forcefully on behalf of coronavirus vaccines at the same time he’s trying to take credit for their very existence.

“I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the Covid-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all,” Trump claimed earlier this month in one of his tweet-like statements. “I hope everyone remembers!”

Trump, however, has a long history of denigrating vaccines. Before he ran for president in 2015 and then also on the campaign trail, he repeatedly tried to link childhood vaccines with autism, even though the science is clear that there is no link.

[​IMG]
    Then, as the coronavirus spread across the country last spring and summer, Trump repeatedly suggested a vaccine wouldn’t be necessary to end the pandemic because the virus would “probably go away by itself.”

Trump also was the only ex-president not to take part in a recent ad touting the personal and social benefits of getting vaccinated. But while George W. Bush-era Republicans may be generally inclined to accept the conclusions of medical science, the Trump-era GOP has drifted into conspiracy land.

Given this backdrop, it’s not surprising that some of Trump’s most fervent supporters are in disbelief about his endorsement of vaccines, as tepid as it may have been.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly-disguised Trump thread

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the things I don't get about Trump. I would've figured he would've been touting it non-stop, including he and his whole family publicly taking it. What I can figure is that this is just how naturally inconsistent he is or that since Biden has taken so much credit for the rollout he feels slighted.

In the interest of public health if I was a health official I would play up Trump's role if that's what it takes to get more Republicans to get vaccinated. Hell, if it get's us to full vaccination and herd immunity I would try to convince one of the manufacturer's to call it the Trump vaccine.

adoo likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

former Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar said
    • the Trump administration could have done more to address vaccine hesitancy
    • Trump would have encouraged "trust and confidence" in the vaccine by getting it on TV

"We did not predict the politicization of vaccines that has led so many Republicans to hold back," he wrote.
    "I call upon all party leaders and conservatives to double down on encouraging vaccination."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he'd won re-election, I think he would have promoted it. It would do his legacy a world of good if he could stop the pandemic in the US (I don't think he'd have the intelligence to see that we'd actually need to vaccinate worldwide to really be safe). But because Biden won, he'd like the vaccination rollout to fail so he can take potshots from the cheap seats.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's a POS scum of the earth human being you haven't figure that out?

IBTL likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

playing with people's lives

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I love pet names that no one else has ever heard. Makes for great convo.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He did not suggest cleaning solutions. He suggested uv treatment in off the cuff remarks. You are a ccp nut hugging loser and liar.

Also the vaccine has not been fully fda approved. Are you suggesting this is bad?

11. adoo

adoo Member

u need to top lying.

the carnival barker held a conference to promote the use of cleaning solutions.

so what, neither was the cleaning solution.

the carnival barker and his wife took vaccine shots in the WH, and was silent on it

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He did no such thing. Bring a transcript and cite the quote. I know what you are referring to and you are presenting it in a false light you lying scum. Also I like how you are arguing with Trump with me as a proxy. I don't need to defend his words about UV light and whether or not the FDA approved it. He never told people to get it; he mentioned the experimental treatment in response to a related question. The media and idiots like you ran wild and presented it as "he said drink bleach".

Still better than the CCP suggesting Chinese medicine which is a joke. Oh and bolting people in their homes. What else can one expect from a group of animals who are nothing more than a rebel province of the Republic of China. The one real China.

13. adoo

adoo Member

dachuda86 playing dumb, what else is new ?

IBTL likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Very obvious he is talking about the disinfectant qualities of UV light which he keeps bringing up. Very poor wording and very poor understanding of it, but no where does he actually tell people to inject disinfectant. That's nonsense from you Mr. Chi-com. Thanks for providing video because it proves you're lying.

15. adoo

adoo Member

yet another eg of dachuda86 projecting his willful ignorance

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Medical expert from the CCP please tell us more.

17. adoo

adoo Member

in a roundabout way, dachuda86 is conceding defeat; thus,

the desperate attempt to change the subject, diverting attention away from the carnival barker​

#17 adoo, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

English may not be your first language. He said injecting it and getting it inside the lungs when talking about disinfectant.

19. vlaurelio

everyone knows racist is @dachuda86 's first language

he plastered the arbery thread with pepe the frog images best to keep racists on ignore

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Playing?????