1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Jeremy Lin BLOWS UP & ASK YAO TO MAKE A COMEBACK?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bublanski, Aug 16, 2012.

1. redlawn

redlawn Member

Love Yao, he's the MAN.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

And then Yi Jian Lian and Bruce Lee join the roster and win a championship? OMGWTFBBQ

4. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

[​IMG]

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bublanski trolled us and left us high and dry. :(

6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

What if Yao breaks his foot again for like the 6th time?

7. RyanB

RyanB Member

:grin::grin:
    this

8. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

you want yao back to be a backup is a sign of disrespect. And that's why your getting the negative response.

9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

LMAO! :grin::grin::grin:

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm just posting so I can rate a 5 star thread. The title made me lol seriously loud.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

one cannot move forward if one continues to live in the past. Same goes for a sports team - a team cannot move forward if they continue to live in the past.

Yes, Yao is still young. Yes, Yao can still probably play and be serviceable. But to be quite honest, I could never ask someone else to risk their health to play basketball. He's been through 4+ surgeries on his feet. You have to put yourself in his shoes... what's more important to him? Risk his ability to walk in the future for a slim to none chance at a championship? If he were to come back only for a title, id rather him join the enemy (Miami or LA).

12. bloop

bloop Member

ok

can you give us your racist take on blacks, mexicans, jews, arabs, women, democrats, republicans, mormons, scientologists and Cowboys fans next plox

13. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

Pretty sure he's content eating fried chicken and playing starcraft.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

What if Jeremy Lin BLOWS UP & China has to recall all of the Jeremy Lins!?
    Who makes toys with lead paint anymore anyway.....

[​IMG]

15. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

For a lot of good reasons, the full medical will never be made available on any player, but if/when bones heal fully, there should be no barrier to returning to athletic competition, esp. at yao's age.

I understand he weighs near 300 lbs and a lot of big men have suffered similar problems, but a lot of players have had more surgeries than yao, and some players have actually weighed considerably more than yao and played well into their 30's.

Then again, Yao would likely be playing in pain, with limited minutes, constantly dealing with doctors, physio, pain meds, etc. On top of that, he'd face endless exploitation by the chinese national team.

It seems pretty clear where Yao stands now, no pun intended, in terms of a cost/benefit analysis of a potential return.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

In time. So far I have only studied Chinese extensively, or is it the Chinese that study extensively?

#96 Zboy, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  17. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/sports/2011-07/17/c_13990885.htm

Based upon the information in the article cited, the chances of yao's return are basically zero. Yao has over a pound of metal screws inserted throughout his left foot and ankle. This is not good.

The problems started very early on when he competed as a teenager, as Yao was rushed back to compete and never fully healed from a series of ankle injuries.

This is not meant to be racist at all, but I view chinese politicians and leaders with the utmost contempt. I can't even put it into words. If they are willing to treat Yao like a lowly farm animal, even though the man is a national treasure, imagine how everyone else in the country is treated. That's the truly sad part.

18. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

[​IMG]

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

As much as i agree with you, i really dont think you can blame the Chinese Gov't fully. I think Yao's loyalty to China also didnt make things better. Dont get me wrong.. i think it's a GREAT thing for Yao to have so much pride in his County, but correct me if i'm wrong... the Rockets were the ones paying his salary - and a big portion of it was going to the Chinese Gov't. (again, i could be wrong on this... but i vaguely rmr hearing something about this some years ago)

20. chapinha_br

chapinha_br Member

You, sir, are on crack