1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if I was to tell you..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Jun 29, 2012.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

All these guys were picked between 10 and 20 so it it would be a span of 10 picks per year. Plus you have to take each draft into account. If lamb and Jones had came out last year, lamb could have been top 5 and jones would've been a lottery pick.

I'm not saying all of the guys we have picked the last 3 years have star potential, but between Pat, Morris, Motie, lamb, white, and Jones... I like the chances of at least one turning potential into production.

2. TheGoldenGreek

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought of Bob Ryan from Entourage after reading the title.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PTzhkWG-cY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PTzhkWG-cY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

To clarify...he hasn't been the accurate one in the stock market thread. It was one of his friends who is clearly a good trader that was his source. I have no clue what Ron from the G does, but the guy really seems to know some people.

I trust that Ron heard something from someone connected, but that something sounds like a complicated deal with a lot of moving parts.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I did, too. Haha

5. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

1. Malone was drafted in 1985
    2. Drexler was drafted in 1983 so I'm not sure why you started in 86
    3. JMAD21 listed guys that were picked in the 12-18 range which =196 picks(can't include this years draft because we have no idea what these guys will become)
    4. "good players" drafted 12-18 range -Drexler, Stockton, Malone, Dumars, Dell Curry, Mark Jackson, Majerle, Blaylock, Tim Hardaway, Kemp, Jalen Rose, Kobe, Peja, Nash, Jermaine O'neal, Artest, Maggette, Turkoglu, Richard Jefferson, David West, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, J.R. Smith, Granger, Stuckey, Hibbert, Mcgee, Holliday, Ty Lawson, and about 30 other players that had long productive careers. That means about 1/3 of the players in this range will atleast be solid role players. Doesnt seem very very very low to me.
    5. I'm not sure where you came up with the whole 10-30. I hope you weren't referring to 1st round picks because there weren't 30 picks in the first round until 2005. Magic, Heat, and Hornets est 1988. Raptors and Grizzlies est 1995. Bobcats est 2004.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Why does Orlando do this deal? They don't get bad enough for a good draft pick, and they are not good enough to even win a playoff game.

Seems like LA gets too much out of this. All they need is Howard. Give all the vets to Orlando, don't give them one. If I was Orlando's GM I would be more inclined to take Gasol, Scola, and Lowry. That isn't a strong front line, but Gasol CAN play center if necessary. That's good enough in the East to beat any team but Miami in the East.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would be very happy, depending on what pieces go.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Whether accurate or not, what are the odds that this thread will end up being the "source" for a Hoopsworld article?

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

85% chance

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Like others have mentioned this trade makes a ton of sense if those assets were headed to orlando instead of los angeles. I could see maybe scola headed to lakers but lowry and young players would in all likelihood be headed to orlando.

Also in this trade the lakers earn the right to get howard. They are the ones giving up the big piece in Bynum as well as Gasol. The Rockets on the other hand just take advantage of the situation and give up many of their assets they have collected throughout the past 4 years.

I can actually see something like this happening and in all honesty it makes a ton of sense for all parties involved.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I love the fact that we might get a Bynum level talent, but man that knee scares the crap out of me.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Man ur signature quote from DD is epic.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Who is Ron from the g where did he get this info from?

14. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

from his "sources" man, where else?

15. delishman

delishman Member

LONG LIVE DOC!!!

Praise be to the Doctor!!

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I can tell you a couple of things. The lakers will get the better players and dump a poor contract

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know sources that have sources that know sources close to the involved GM's...

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Any deal involving the Lakers will always involve them getting the best players back in the deal and being the team that ends up in the best cap situation.

#basketballreasons

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

And 100% fact.

Thanks OP, I like this trade.

DD

20. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Sorry I didn't check back in last night, but I've got family visiting this weekend and am fairly busy. I've told you everything I know and don't have any additional information regarding the possible trade right now. If I find out anything else I'll check back in.

For those who asked no I cannot tell you where my information is coming from. I'm trying to help the community, but I don't want to get people in trouble for random internet folks. Sorry.

Other tidbits of information:
    KMart is not in this particular trade, but he's going to be on his way out. KLow and KMart have been being very actively shopped for sometime now. I let Clutch know the exact info about this a couple of weeks ago in the thread where I said that we were getting rid of Dalembert. I just didn't mention it to you guys, because the information that went with it was too precise and I didn't want to get people in trouble.