1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if I was to tell you..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Jun 29, 2012.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Imagine how the Rockets were a .500 team with Scola and Lowry...now, Imagine the Lakers surrounding Scola and Lowry with Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.

Fml. No thanks. Im willing to have the Rockets suck one more season if it means the Lakers dont get Howard.

2. cod

cod Member

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showpost.php?p=6918398&postcount=60

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Minnesota really wants gasol, they dangled derik williams for #2 pick to trade to la for gasol... if its these four teams i can see it going down like this...

Minnesot sends out derrick williams/nikola pekovic/martell webster/darko milicic/future 1st
    Minnesota recieves pau gasol/morris/brockman

Lakers send out bynum/gasol/future 1st
    Lakers recieve lowry/scola/dwight

Houston sends out lowry/scola/lamb/morris/tjones/ppat/brockman
    Houston recieves bynum/duhon/webster/milicic

Orlando sends out dwight/duhon
    Orlando recieves lamb/tjones/ppat/derrick williams/pekovic/2 future 1sts

Dragic/duhon
    Kmart/c.lee/webster
    parsons/white
    Dmo/leuer
    Bynum/camby/milicic

Ehh... but i could live with it... i believe it would be similiar to this in some way...

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I for one don't mind seeing Howard go to the Lakers. I think he, his back condition and his bad attitude are like an awesome Trojan Horse that will take down their franchise (I hope). Plus, with Kobe declining, the Lakers may quickly become a trap for him and his Houston hating career as well.

The trade, in a word, could be splendid.

5. Raven

Raven Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ur0g-R7ZODY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

300 calorie.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yep, with pau in minny pek and dwill have no use. So this trade would actually makes sense.

8. DWADE42010

DWADE42010 Member

If this deal goes down, the lakers will have raped us all!! As usual..

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Did Sessions opt in?

Lowry could wind up in Orlando. Jameer Nelson just opted out (*cough* dumbass! *cough* dumbass!)

As long as Daryl Morey isn't the one giving everything up so that other teams can be better than the Rox.

I'll take Bynum. We can train him how not to get thrown out of games.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I do expect a trade with LA, but not that one.

Lowry/Scola/Jones or Morris
    For
    Gasol

11. HamJam

Sessions opted out (also dumbass).

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

F no.

We don't need to take on Turkoglu. He was their mistake. Let them live with it.

Eles fizeram besteira. Agora eles aguentam.

EDIT: Did the original "insider" of this thread bow out for a big laugh at our expense? :) Anyway, he was right about our interest in MKG, so we'll see.

13. HamJam

I don't know -- Turky Glue's contract is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It is only fully guaranteed next year and after that he can be bought out for 6 mill. Duhon too. After next year he can be bought out for 1.5 Mill.

Plus, if Houston made the deal the biggest thing they would be offering is expiring contracts, unguaranteed contracts (like Livingston) and the ability to take on contracts like Turkgolu's and Duhon's so that ORL could rebuild.

Honestly, if Houston could get Bynum by taking on Hedo and Duhon and give up Lowry (who wants out), Scola, Martin (who we all want gone anyway), Dmo, Livingston, Patterson and Morris -- I think you have to do that. There would still be a lot left to win now and to grow as a team. Plus, you might not even have to give up quite as much as I am laying down to make it happen ... but I think this 4 team stuff is actually plausible.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I kinda wish we would stop all the trade talk for once and commit to some of our young guys.

I'm terrified that we are gonna trade lamb, white, or Motie. We have tons of potential on this team and I really wanna see how it plays out IN Houston

15. HamJam

Before we can commit to a certain group of young guys, other young guys need to be moved so that the ones we commit to can have playing time. I kind of like the lineup in your sig, but what happened to Martin and Patterson?

We need the one big trade for Howard, Bynum or someone in order to unclutter and rebalance the roster in such a way that we can say -- alright, this is the nucleus of the team, this is who we are. After that, whoever is there will be left to develop. I hope White is there, and DMo too. Also Parsons and Dragic. But I can not bear to watch more young players get buried beneath other young players the way we did to Morris last year.

16. paymon

paymon Member

Potential? Just like Patterson, Morris, T-Will huh? Whats the deal with this board and all this hype about the "potential" of our draft picks. Every year its the same thing. You guys realize how frequently players picked from 12-18 ever turn out?

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I agree, some moves need to be made. I'm just saying there are some guys that I really hope aren't moved. As much we all want a major superstar though, it may be time for a total youth movement.

Sometimes I forget Martin is still on this team. I realized it as soon as I changed my sig, I'll change as soon as I think of something we can do with him lol

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Do you? Look at some past draft and you'll see guys like Kobe Byant, Clyde Drexler, Danny Granger, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Steve Nash, Allen Houston, Karl Malone, and John Stockton... All picked 10 or lower

19. paymon

paymon Member

Thanks for proving my point. Notice I said "FREQUENTLY", and you listed an absolute number of players. From picks 10-30 there are 20 picks each year, times 26 year span you just made (Malone in 86) thats 520 PICKS TOTAL, with only a handful of them being good players. So yes, the frequency is very very very low.

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Patterson said he's been playing in pain the past couple years; I want to see what he can do this season. Not sold on Morris, but we really haven't seen anything of him yet. T-Will was an incredibly gifted specimen that we took a flyer (we did not draft him btw) on him hoping he could use a change of scenery but it didn't work out because his head wasn't screwed on right; that one is on him.

This was an incredibly deep draft and you could argue that our 12-18 picks this year would be top 10 talent another year. First round talent busts all the time, including lottery, even top 5. All we can do is make an educated guess and throw the dice.