1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if I was to tell you..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Jun 29, 2012.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

When does the free agency period end?

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

They are still contenders as built. If you're in the camp that believes Kobe is rapidly declining and Mike Brown is a terrible coach, then there isn't THAT much to fear if this trade were to go down.

3. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

This is much more realistic. The OP's proposed deal is beyond absurd, Orlando could just trade Howard for Bynum straight up and both teams would be better off...

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I could see the 76ers as the 4th team.

They're interested in Iggy for Gasol.

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You're assuming the Magic WANT Bynum. They might not want him.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'd do it for anybody on the roster honestly. Would Bynum sign the extension?

7. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

No rebuilding team in their right mind would take Gasol over Bynum. If there were another great young player on the table, then sure take him over Bynum, but there isn't.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah, at first I thought this sounded ludicrous, but reading through the posts, I guess it could make some sense for everyone (assuming it is Minnesota and they and not ORL are the ones who get Gasol.

But, we all have heard that Minnesota wants Gasol. Howard has had some indications in favor of LA in the past, and Orlando would probably want Williams and a lot of youth to start the rebuilding process. I see a rough framework that looks something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89laog6

I think Houston might even be able to keep White and Parsons, though I am afraid D Mo and Jones might be snatched up by ORL or LA to appease the people holding the all nba-ers in this thing. But Bynum would be worth it, especially considering how young he and that team would be.

Roughly (depending on who LA and ORL want):
    5-Bynum, Camby
    4-White, (and at least 2 of Leuer, Patterson, DMO and Jones)
    3-Parson Turky-glue (and either Morris or Jones)
    2-Lee, Lamb
    1-Lowry, (either Livingston, or we might be forced to take on Duhon's contract)

9. HamJam

I think the thing is that Gasol would go to Minnesota and Bynum goes to Houston. ORL cuts costs with non-guarunteed deals like Livingston and Brad Miller and expiring deals like Martin and they get younger with future picks and young players like DMO and Derrick Williams.

10. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Off the top of my head he predicted Dalambert's departure (though I guess the Rockets found a way to trade him for players they valued instead of buy him out) and also that the Rockets were spending a lot of time interviewing a big man who looked mixed hispanic/black (turned out to be Royce White)

11. cod

cod Member

Did he get that one right? A 6-8 guy looks like a C?

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm not sure when it ends but it starts July 11.

13. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

It seems that over the last couple pages in a flurry of Gasol vs. Bynum debate that everyone forgot the OP said a FOUR-team trade (likely involving Minnesota). You guys are fighting over whether Orlando would choose Gasol or Bynum, and I still haven't heard anyone entertain the possibility that Orlando could be asking for Kevin Love. Minnesota already has a strong frontcourt in Pekovic and Love, yet there are rumors of interest in Pau Gasol flying about. Why would they want Gasol? Who would he make expendable? Could you see them relinquishing Love for the right package deal (Pau Gasol + Kevin Martin)? This is the only scenario I see in which Orlando allows us to have Bynum.

14. HamJam

Who said center? he said big man. White is certainly a front court player.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

didn't read the prediction but the post above says "big man" not "C".. also, he is like 270 lbs...might look like a very big man in person

16. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

I just don't get to understand why people always thought Lakers' GM is GOD and the rest of the GMs are dumb? Why in the hell would Magic trade Dwight for Gasol???

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I don't see Morey taking that deal. Give up that many assets AND take on Turkoglu?

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He called the dalembert trade a few days before it happened on this bbs. He said outright Dalembert was gone. He thought it would be a buyout but point is he called is in advance post 60:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=221056&page=3

questionable health and not a big fan of bynum or his attitude... I suppose we only really lose out of scola and disgruntled lowry so from that point of view it's not THAT bad...
    but anything that gives us lakers lowry and howard is not something I do.. as rockets fans we probably dont need howard lowry and kobe on the same team.

20. HamJam

I really don't think that is the way it would go down.

I think it would be Gasol to Minnesota (the team in the north) and ORL getting cap relief, picks and young players like Derrick Williams, DMo and Pekovic.