1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if I was to tell you..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Jun 29, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There go our brand new, still in their boxes rookies.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

So, presumably Orlando would get Gasol and a bunch of Houston's young assets so they could avoid having a repeat of Howard's signing drama with Bynum? It doesn't sound completely nuts.

3. Homey the Clown

This makes the Lakers a serious title threat.

Do Not Want.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bynum > Gasol

I don't see how Orl would pass on Bynum, but whatever

5. acjeitherocket

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Well, I hope you're right...cause alot of people are going to be mad at you if this doesnt happen, lol. Just look at what happened to DocRocket. lulz

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This rumor is poo poo

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

9. ThaShark316_28

OKC would still smack the **** outta them.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

As much as I'd love bynum, I don't necessarily wanna get rid of some of our you guys.
    (lamb,white,parsons,Motie)

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

What has he been right on?

12. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

There's no way Orlando would take on Gasol for a rebuilding job. OP hinted at a team in the north being involved. LA wants Gasol gone to get under the luxury tax, and Minnesota would love to have him. Wolves would be able to put a pair of Spanish stars on the floor together. The only thing Orlando would want from any of these teams would be Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Bynum and/or picks. DWilliams is totally unproven, and Bynum is kind of a headcase. Kevin Love also just signed an extension so Orlando just loves the idea of that I'm sure.

Sure, LA reloads with Dwight, Scola and Lowry, but they are also giving up a lot in Bynum and Gasol. It sucks seeing them revitalized with youth, but are they really a better team? I personally would love to see LA stay in cap hell, but I'd rather the Rockets finally attain a piece they can build around, injury curses notwithstanding.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The more I think about this, if we wanted Gasol or Bynum, why would we need Orlando.

I don't see this happening at all. I wouldnt be shocked if we went after Gasol again but I doubt it involves Howard to LA

14. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

Orlando doesn't want Bynum maybe because he is in the last year of a contract as well. But not sure of that.

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

What has the OP been right on?

Anybody?

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Because LA only moves Bynum if they can get Howard.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Off the top of my head, he talked about players being worked out by the Rockets, and he's been pretty accurate in the stock market thread as well. There may be another instance of his sources being correct, but It's hard to search using my cell phone.

18. cod

cod Member

So the Lakers are back competing for a 'ship again.

Lowry, Blake, Goudelock
    Kobe, Eyenga, Johnson-Odom
    Artest, (Barnes/FA)
    Scola, McRoberts
    Dwight, Hill

Fire Morey?, LOL.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Bynum is a blockhead, but I would take him. But, I wouldn't trade any young talent to acquire him. He's only under contract through next year, so he could very well be gone in a hurry.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

He posted this literally 1 day before the Dow plunged over 2,000 points in under 10 days last August. Nothing to do with basketball. Much bigger than basketball. I'm sure these are not the same sources, either way the OP is legit.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6236809&postcount=4294

#60 CXbby, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012