1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[What if?] How do you build the team to compete if Harden agrees to come back this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Firebomb525, Feb 20, 2023.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sengun is that real playmaker who can get him a good look in any surrounding its just that green wont give him the ball and run around for sengun to hit him with the ball
    [​IMG]
    Green is a cancer and this pic is already cca 1 year old.
    Green is lying in the bed he made for himself.
    We'll see if a greater authority could put him in place.

Jontro likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol your takes are really pathetic...pls dont get offended, youre a good person and I respect you as an old poster making this forum rich, but couldn't resist to laugh at your ignorance and simplemindedness...lolololol

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is the thing. Even if you sign him at a high dollar contract THAT ENDS WHEN WE READY TO LAUNCH!!!!!
    So we would have space to get another piece

So 2 yrs 80 Million . . . . .Give Wemby 2 yrs to Grow with Sengun and Green
    Then once he drops off the books. . . find someone to go with them

Rocket River

Jontro, AroundTheWorld and Reeko like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would give Harden 3/120 or 4/140 without hesitation

Harden is basically the bridge to help the young guys develop and get a taste of winning and playing in meaningful games for the next 2-3 years

people acting like we need to go from rags to riches overnight talking about championships…nah, get u a 6 figure job 1st and work your way up

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

yes

but don't trade Sengun

he will be better than Harden in 2 years

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Tell me why instead of sh$t posting like a coward behind a keyboard.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Still a great player and within the top free agents this summer. Plays with an edge and can provide this team the toughness it has been lacking. Sometimes it takes one or two
    Tough nosed guys to change the psychological state of a team. Sure he can shoot better and He shot better in previous years but his offensive role would be more limited with so many options in front of him.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Almost correct !!
    We would get better play if Sengun was the back up Center .
    We would have two starters dominant in needing the ball in their hands
    (Wemby and Harden)
    My suggestion for STARTERS would be Harden, Green, Martin, Wemb Smithy
    Back ups NEW, Porter Eason, NEW, Sengun.

New Players from:-Kuzma, Hart, Trent, Struss, McDaniel, Muscala,

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wemby is not nearly the playmaker Sengun is. Only things I see where he might be better at this point than Sengun are three-point shooting/shooting longer range jumpers and shot-blocking (due to his height).

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harden 3 years 105 Million.
    Jerami Grant 4 years 100 million.
    #3 is Brandon Miller

Honcho+Sengun+Tate+Clippers pick for Gobert.

Gobert/Garuba
    Smith/Eason
    Grant/Miller
    Green/Christopher
    Harden/Washington

Jontro likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No no no

no trading Sengun

Y2JT likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pfffft Gobert is a trap, the wolves are gonna want more to recover from that awful trade where they gave up 4 1st round picks and a swap.

Gobert sucks and i rather gamble on sengun getting better than whatever Gobert offers.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Let Harden bring his people.. Send all this year's starters to Gleague for a year - CFs

14. fattz

fattz Member

It’s coaching that we lack more than anything. It’s everyone having the same goal working with in a system to achieve it.

No to Harden because of his off court Lifeskills. He is able to somehow stay clean and do his thing but most certainly could not. Why bring him around knowing this. Honestly if something truly negative happened to Harden would you be surprised? If the answer is no then the next question —> why would tie up over a fourth of your current and future cap to make him the role model of your team? Porter (most of the kids) couldn’t make it a week, without hurting himself or others, if he was to hang with Harden. This is all based on things leaked over the years he was with us. (Clubs & Ladies)

15. Landry's Tooth

Ideally the Rockets get Wemby, sign Harden, and get a strong defender who can rebound and space at the 3/4.

I'm just not seeing that player available in the trade or free agent market...

I don't think anyone has suggested this yet, but what if they continue to gamble on the young guys:

Harden
    Green
    Smith
    Wemby
    Sengun

Porter
    Tate
    Eason

We then trade our second #1 this year and Martin to an older team that's contending in exchange for absorbing a bad contract and then get a boat load of future #1s?

The contender gets a rotation player in Martin, a pick for another, and salary cap relief. Rockets get say 3 future #1s and a pick swap?

I'll see if I can come up with an example...

16. Landry's Tooth

Example...

To Clippers:
    2023 Clippers/Bucks #1
    KJ Martin

To Rockets
    2027 #1
    2028 Swap
    2029 #1
    Marcus Morris
    Nic Batum

Clippers save tax money and get themselves in position to move a couple of decent contracts for another star...

Maybe they move Powell and Mann for someone like Michael Porter Jr or something... or a team like the Spurs likes a Mann or Powell to absorb the contract for a cheap pick and then they sign someone like Kyrie outright...

Doesn't have to be them... if Middleton walks out and Bucks send us Portis/Connaughton they could be under the cap to pair someone with Giannis and Jrue to replace Middleton.

I don't mind pushing assets into the future...

subtomic likes this.
  17. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

What is OG’s trade value? I know the Raptors were asking for a lot at the deadline but what do you think his actual value is? The Raptors are desperate for guards and might be willing to discount OG for young guards with potential. Do you think Nix, JC and the LAC pick gets it done? I know Nix isn’t quality but he is young and does have some potential. I don’t want to give up Tyty bc he looks like a good backup PG option as he doesn’t turn the ball over but would consider it. I think the best I would offer is KPJ, JC and the LAC pick.

Harden/Tyty
    Green/Tate
    OG/KJ/Tari
    Wemby/Jabari
    Sengun/Garuba

This creates a log jam at the forward position, but maybe they could look to move KJ and Tate for a quality veteran 6th man. Jordan Clarkson?

Harden/Tyty
    Green/Clarkson
    OG/Tari
    Wemby/Jabari
    Sengun/Garuba

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

What do y’all think it would take to get Capela back? Maybe a 3 team with Indy sending Turner to Atlanta would work?

HOU IN: Capela
    IND IN: Nix, Christopher, the 2023 LAC first, and four 2nd round picks from Houston
    ATL IN: Turner and Tate (ouch)

Harden/Tyty
    Green/KPJ
    Bari/KJ
    Wemby/Tari
    Capela/Sengun/Garuba

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everything Everwhere All at Once

Ladies and Gentlemen

The Houston Rockets.