1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if...Cade is available?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jun 25, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Just a hypothetical, what if Cade is available? Do you automatically take him? Do you trade him, because you know many teams would love him? Or does it depend who he's up against. Say Green / Mobley goes #1, what would you do?

Discuss :)

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure what there is to discuss

a 6’8 wing with a 7’1 wingspan that can shoot and playmake…u take that without hesitation

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You take Cade. End of discussion.

Amel, luckyman76, clos4life and 9 others like this.
  4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Cunningham or Green end of discussion.

Amel, Rocketeer, JusBleezy and 2 others like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Besides “To fill time”, “To make it interesting”, “To have something to debate/discuss”, whatever… why did Cade go from “The guy” to “Well, maybe he isn’t the guy”?

(Still don’t buy it that Detroit will pass.)

Any scenario you pass on Cade? (Mobley or Green or Suggs?)
    Any scenario you trade out of #2 with Cade there? What kind of offer would you need?
    (Cleveland(3)? Toronto(4)? OKC(6, 16, 18, 34, 36, 55, future picks)? Orlando(5, 8, 33)? Warriors(7, 14, Wiseman)?)

Chad Ford: There’s some significant warts in Cade Cunningham. The turnover rate was incredibly high. Not a great athlete. Though he shot the ball incredibly well, that was a surprise for scouts that followed him in high school. Some wonder did he have a great year shooting the ball? Will it regress back to high school or is this part of the game he improved? If there’s something says he probably should have been 5th instead of 1st, will it be he’s not the primary ball handler?

John Hollinger: I think that’s what it is. Is he a lead distributor or not? I didn’t think the passing was particularly mind blowing. The turnover rate was high. The handle can get loose, especially on his left hand. You could see on switches, even against college bigs, he had trouble getting by people. He’s big enough where he can shoot over the top. You can see a lot of outcomes where he’s like Khris Middleton or Jayson Tatum or someone like that. He’s not this Luka level playmaker. You ask yourself is he actually gonna be the number two guy on a good team rather than number one? Getting a good two is hard so he should be one of the top picks but when you pick number one, you really hope to land on a franchise player. I don’t know if he’s quite that and don’t know if this draft has that. I don’t know if Cade is quite that.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he won't be

/discussion

Highlyrated and don grahamleone like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

There's a reason why people only include Mobley/Green/Suggs in their polls when they ask who the Rockets should take with the #2 pick

8. thekad

thekad Member

Chad Ford is hilariously dumb. “Was he lucky to shoot 85% from the line for an entire season?!”

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

IF Cade was this transcedent player he wouldnt box himself in with the "im only trying out for one team" BS. Go light it up if you're that good. I gurantee Green will do the tour and impress everyone along the way.

10. Rockets4Life13

I’m not that sure if Cade will be the best player of this draft in 5-10 years from now but he has that height/skill combination that makes him unique.

if i had to bet money on who will be the best player of this draft in 10 years, I’d bet on Jalen Green. But if you can get Cade, you probably take him regardless

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

or maybe he knows he’s the #1 pick and is so confident of that that there’s no point in trying out for anyone other than Detroit…

lol, of course Green will do the tour, he could end up going anywhere from 2-4, so that’s not saying anything

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Let me guess ... Cade doesnt want to get injured doing too many workouts huh? What could it hurt reminding everyone why you're the "#1 prospect" .. sign and seal it .. even better set up a run with Jalen Green and the other prospects and stand out. What is Cade afraid of?

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You take him at 2 then trade up to 3 and take him again.

don grahamleone and JusBleezy like this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

zOMG! No consensus first overall pick has ever done what Cade is doing in the history of the draft. The sheer affrontery! Horsefeathers, I say! Dirty Pool, what what! Totally without precident!

Oh... wait... i guess he's doing the same thing that every consensus #1 overall pick has done for the last two decades, nevermind...

15. H.D.

H.D. Member

Curious what OKC would offer: SGA + #6 + FRP 2022? sign me up

#15 H.D., Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL

and Detroit being so sneaky with the "we might take Jalen or Mobley" vibes huh?

Im a Rocket fan so its hard for me to relate since most of my life I've cheered for winning basketball and this time of the year was pointless, but wouldnt it make MORE sense if a guy is so widely touted and GUARANTEED to be the #1 pick just to go show off?

34to11, D-rock and JusBleezy like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, this is dumb…Detroit is taking him, and he knows it…him going there for a workout in the 1st place is just a formality

he doesn’t have to remind anyone of anything, he’s been the consensus #1 for a year, and nothing has changed

How can he sign and seal what’s already been sealed?

Jalen Green on the other hand has no clue where he’ll end up, so he’ll be working out for multiple teams in order to go as high as possible…Jalen Green is the one who would have to prove it to Detroit or Houston or Cleveland to take him instead of Mobley or Suggs

macho GRANDE, saleem and D-rock like this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, every year like clockwork. #1 talks about all the other guys they might take to try and create demand for a trade from the teams behind them.

Im guessing you do dont pay much attention to draft season when the Rockets arent in the lottery?

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Cool! I think CAde is #1 by hype mainly, he was the #2 HS player next to Jalen Green and I dont think much has changed. Shrug. I guess IF I was this no doubt superstar I'd remind everyone any chance I got VS just scraping by hoping that something isnt exposed causing me to slip.

No worries! Hard to screw up the #1 or #2 pick right? They will all be HOFers!

34to11 likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are correct! Im usually trying to figure out how the BS ROX roster around certifiable generation type players on my team will be able to get them over the hump and not flipping coins hoping for a lotto hit and pulling out my wang in a "my guy is better than your guy" demo. Not my type of pizazz!