1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Alston is injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Queeni, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

First of all, I'm very glad for tonight's win. But looking at the 4th quarter concerns me that we do not have a good playmaker outside Alston and T-Mac. Sura is not coming back soon, and the potential playmaker VSpan is not developed. What if Alston is injured? We couldn't ask T-Mac to handle the ball all the time.

2. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Rockets would win more. Alston is terrible.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Is this topic really necessary? I think most of all knows if Alston is injured, we would be somewhat screwed.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's a 99% chance we'd trade for or sign a backup PG, and probably will anyway.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Chucky Atkins has been solid lately for the Grizzlies.

...im just sayin'...

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

CHUCKY ATKINS IS TERRIBLE

trust me you cannot go on stats alone the guy has had so many boneheaded plays and poor decisions and unforced turnovers + is a total defensive liability.
    watch him play and you'll see he hardly moves without the ball often staying 4-5 feet beyond the 3pt line for the grizz.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I was just sayin.... :)

anyway i wouldnt expect he'd start, but if Alston does go down with injury, couldnt hurt to have this guy at the right price? Who would you prefer that could reasonably be obtained. (Granted it could even be hard to get Atkins)

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

If Rafer Alston is injured you'll truly see his importance to this team. I'm not saying he's perfect, he does take too many shots and misses too many (hopefully he keeps his new strategy that he used in the Philly game where you could see he was purposely not shooting and driving in, etc.) but he handles the ball well, pushes the tempo, and is slightly improved on defense. I don't know which I'd rather have though...6 TO's or like 11 or so missed shots...

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

It would be like trying something different with your girlfriend and then rectal prolapse happens.

10. stq

stq Member

he was injured last year, and it wasn't pretty....

11. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

We can afford him being injured in regular season.. as long as he recovers during playoff time

12. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Another reason why I can't wait until the Knicks buy out Francis. Stevie Franchise is the answer! Seriously.

13. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Steve francis is a washed up bum now. Plus he was overrated before becoming a bum and he's a cancer, so we don't want him on our team. There's a reason orlando didn't want him and now the knicks don't want him.

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

:rolleyes: There's a reason why he was so good in Houston..........

15. jason_long

jason_long Member

We will have a problem, and all these Rafer-haters will be in silence. V-Span, no, can't shoot, turnover machine, short arms. JLIII, no, just too short, no D. Both Head and T-mac can play PG, but not for the whole 48 mins.

16. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

my heart is out there for alston if he gets injured but clearly after he gets injured our shots made will sky rocket...his shot selection is deadly in the sense it could blow our season...a season where we have great potential for the championship...and if he does get injured...i would really like to see tmac at point and luther/synder at the other guard...that gives us the outside (head) and penetration threat (synder)...i woud really like to see the outcome of that potential....

17. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

I rather have tmac finishing shots instead of creating all of them.

Playing pg will wear you down. tmac doesn't need all that stress and will gladly have him playing making in crucial situations, not all game.

18. rocket3forlife2

our bench sucks..J.L 3 forgot how to pass,novak can't play a lick of D,v span can't get keep the ball in his hands or shoot,paget can't get off the bench.

19. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

2 words

matt maloney

20. Proz4k

Proz4k Member

Kirk Snyder