1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What Houston team deserves the most love?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Marteen, Aug 10, 2010.

?

Which team? I added a poll since I forgot the Dynamo -_-

1. Dynamo

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Other

46 vote(s)
    86.8%
  1. Marteen

Marteen Member

I was born and raised in the great city of Houston. The first team I ever watched was the Houston Rockets. Then I followed the Oilers (Now Texans) and Astros.

I'd like to know from you Houston fans, which team is Houston's team and deserves the most love?

Is the Texans since we live in a football crazed state? Is it the Astros since they are the only team to make it to a "Finals" in a major sport for the last 15 years? Or is it the Rockets since they two and the only major championships that this city cherishes?

The Rockets were my first team, I'm supporting them more than the Texans and Astros 'til the day I die.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Astros blood runs through my veins but I can't overlook the crap they have pulled over the last 5 years.

Rockets and Dynamo have built excellent organizations and thus deserve the most love from fans however saying that, if the Texans make the playoffs Houston will go insane.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So why did you put Dynamo and Other as the only options? The obvious answer is the Rockets.

4. msn

msn Member

"Deserve". Humbug.

None of them deserves a damn thing. This is America, where you make your own opportunity (or b**** and moan until the gov't gives you a handout, but I digress) and then you maximize that opportunity by hard work. Free Enterprise System, baby.

That said, I follow and cheer for all Houston teams just because of my emotional ties to the city. And the Astros are by far #1 in my book, even with the dreadful mistakes of the last decade, because of my family's three generations of baseball/Astros heritage. Baseball (to me of course) is the greatest game. The greatest. I'm convinced they play it in heaven.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i second this, entirely. my grandparents were convinced Houston had finally become a real city when they were awarded an MLB franchise. a night at the ballpark rooting on the 'stros with my kids is like a religious experience. deep in my blood.

i think a lot of it is the everyday nature of the game. the story of each 'stros season was tangled into the story of each of my own summers. i remember the timing of events based on astros events that i can recall easily.

do they deserve that? i'm not sure what that even means.

#5 MadMax, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  6. msn

msn Member

ding! ding!

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

actually, it was "fail" because my grammar sucked...but i just edited it :)

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The poll sucks, therefore:

[​IMG]

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Gotta be the Rockets. Growing up, everyone I knew was a Rockets fan first and foremost. I don't know any die hard Texans fans, they just don't have the history yet. I have never been a baseball fan, its just very boring imo.

10. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Easy. The Houston Cougar football team. They feature three All-Americans: Case Keenum, James Cleveland and Tyron Carrier. And the nations No. 1 offense.

This could be a very special year for the Houston team.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

12. msn

msn Member

I hope so! UH football that is relevant outside of Houston will be very, very good for the city.

Go Coogs!!!

13. BleedsRocketRed

Only the Rockets. They are the only team in Houston to actually win something relevant. (Dynamo and Comets dont count)

All other teams have come up short in crucial times with nothing but disappointment.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm torn between the Rockets and Texans.

The Rockets have 2 rings and the NFL is king in America so I'll go with the Texans by a slim margin.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Texans easily. They'll get the most craze out of the city if they make the playofs. Nore than the Rockets, Dynamo, or Astros would get.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Texans.

That gif is NUTS! Makes me want to see the original video.

Edit: Found it...YIKES! :eek:

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Did the driver died??

18. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

What I was wondering. The roof seemed to collapse the driver's side like a tin can.

19. imatexan

imatexan Member

Texans, Houston will always be a football city.

20. AGBee

AGBee Member

Link....the gif made me want background info too. Don't see how he could have survived, just from seeing the visual.