1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Highschool did you goto in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Le$$, Feb 27, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It all makes Sense.:D

Xerobull and Nook like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Navasota High School.

Way back in the day, when Tomball, Huntsville and Brenham A&M were in our district.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Memorial was ok. But for some reason I didn't really feel like I was fitting in. I was fortunate to be able to go to private schools most of my life and enjoyed the smaller classes. Playing football also helped me to get in, I think (on top of the obvious huge tuition costs my parents paid for). I did get a phenomenal education though. Thoroughly prepared me for college.

Nook likes this.
  4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Strake

Nook likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Next do mother's maiden names and social security numbers

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

So you were there with the Pipes brothers. I think Kari Coleman was in your class too. Brett Hanna and Anne Russell both graduated a year or two just before you I think. Man I knew a ton of folks back then because I went to SAM from 91-95 and lived in Huntsvegas til '98. Worked for George Russell for several years. What a trip that was.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Damn judging by this thread nobody went to school in FBISD lol

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

lol...oh the names. Anne Russell was in a ton of my classes.

Had the hots for Coleman when I was freshman. She was a year older than me...so I had no chance. I had no game in high school. My wife probably thinks I still have no game now.

I knew of the Pipes brothers. Probably played street football with them a number of times. Then one of them went on to one-hit wonder fame...Breakfast At Tiffany's. Deep Blue Something.

Brett Hanna sounds really familiar...gotta go dig up a yearbook to see why I know that name. Damn...time has not been that friendly to memory cells.

Lived in Huntsville from 78 until 92 (a couple years at Sam...we probably crossed paths at some point)...moved to Clear Lake and ran with the haughty crowd there. J Larkins BABY!!!

And on George Russell...he was quite eccentric for conservative Huntsville. Glad we had people like that in the South to keep the right on their toes. haha.

DFWRocket likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I spent a ton of time there in the early 90s, I’m sure we crossed paths. That whole area was fun- j larkins, 3rd base, Molly’s, etc.

boomboom likes this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

You have become such a repugnant individual these days. Nobody gives a **** about your politics, but know your history. Lee was against Slavery and was asked by the North to fight for them. He chose to stay loyal to his area. And The Civil War was about far more than slavery, but only the truly ignorant people like yourself don't bother to look into it.

And you're fat.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Bellaire. C/O '90. Great times. Still hang out with dozens from here.

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I think it [slavery] however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence. Their emancipation will sooner result from the mild & melting influence of Christianity, than the storms & tempests of fiery Controversy. -- Robert E. Lee, 1856

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/making-sense-of-robert-e-lee-85017563/

15. Buck Turgidson

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Agreed. Which was my point with Dakota. I love this post. And if you're ever game, I found a fantastic place for HH.

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You may disagree with DD but no need to insult people in that way.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mirabeau B Lamar. It was named for the second President of the Republic of Texas who was Sam Houston's rival. Also a school that wouldn't surprise me if the name was changed since Lamar was very pro-slavery and anti-Native American.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had friends who went to Forest Brook and Smiley.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I went to Magnolia and we were in your district for quite a while. I have four or five cousins that went to Navasota. Got to line up across from him in junior high football.

Fond memories of seeing the Clooney Batman at the theater there, too, and being able to order a homemade vanilla coke. Was heaven.

jiggyfly likes this.