1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happens with Oladipo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCHAMP, Jan 17, 2021.

?

What happens with Oladipo?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2021.
  1. Traded at the deadline

59.1%
  2. Walks in FA for cap room

21.5%
  3. Extended to a long term contract

19.4%
  1. OpportunityCost

Trade him for whatever you can get for him. Rather see KPJ.

whiskeyred and True Rocket like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I'm not trying to bash anybody but Dipo thinks he's Lillard or McCollum or Mitchell and he's more like EGo. His athleticism is going to wane and as his drive doesn't work as well he will get lazier and be more of a chucker without the %. He's a 2 with some ability to drive and slash but people pay 1s and he definitely wants to be seen that way. Wall is not really a 10 assist type guy but he is more of an iso drive or pass 1 that Dipo clearly isn't. Harden can shoot 30 shots or dish 20 assists. That's not in Dipo. You pay a Dipo when you have a KD and CP3 and need a 2 for offense because your creator is not a scorer that shoots a lot.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think he's worth tying up $30m+ in cap space .... At $20m there's some value there.

I don't believe he wants to resign here either.

So you have two options - Trade him before the deadline or a S&T with whoever he's wanting to go to in the offseason.
    I don't think any of the teams he been rumored to be interested in have actual cap space to sign him so it would take a S&T to get him to the destination of his choice.

The question is at which point do you get the most value ?

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Honestly the guy can get moved now with other players. Miami is look for help. See if they can give you Nunn, Precious, PIck. The rockets need younger players. Tucker and Dipo would fit with Heat Playoff movement. I think rockets will fall short this year with these 2 anyways, plus there expiring and Miami will have to send some young talent and atleast 1st round pick attached with them.

dmoneybangbang and Jontro like this.
  6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Develop Jones, Brown, > Olidipo

get some young value in return

roxallways likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Knicks, Charlotte, Magic, and Heat are potential suitors for Dipo while we can offer any combo of Dipo, Tucker, BMac, and House.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Trade him at the deadline. I would prefer the Rox develop and see what they have in KPJ and give Jones and Brown the remaining minutes at guard.

BossHogg713 and saleem like this.
  9. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

Trade Oladipo for Luka. Who says no?

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Can't trade with the Mavs.