1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Happens to the Hornets?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Molotov Cocktail, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Along with Vegas, Oklanhoma City is probably another good spot for them to play their games. They have a new(er) arena too don't they?

2. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

plus they don't have the issue of gambling and if any nba team moves to Vegas it will be the kings that the Maloofs town. OKC seems like a good fit. Close enough to the area, a decent sized town that gets no pro sports so it could be the biggest game in town.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Based on everything I have heard about the Ford Center, it is the nicest arena in the U.S. not to have a full time major league tenant. Places like Little Rock, AR and Shreveport, LA have arenas that seat enough for the NBA--but they do not have the amenities.

4. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

I say shreveport because it has a nice arena and i think they will have the best luck of having a draw... Also baton rouge is still not up to what it was last week

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Being from OKC, I have been to the Ford Center several times. It was built for an opportunity like this. Our current mayor, Mick Cornett, is a huge sports guy. His job before his mayoral position was sports radio. I'm positive he will do everything he can to make this happen. I just hope we have enough fans to support it. As of now the Ford Center is so overkill its not even funny. CHL hockey, Arena 2 Football....It's ridiculous.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

St Louis, Kentucky, Norfolk (VA), Oklahoma, and Vegas are all possible long term candidates (listed in no particular order). I can't believe that the Hornets can stay in NO, seeing how poorly they were faring before the disaster struck. To be blunt, Stern made a mistake allowing Stern to keep the team and move them to Charlotte a few years ago.

However, the NBA has been hinting that this season they'll keep them close to home. It would look extremely callous to relocate them from LA so quickly, even if it's inevitable.

Evan