1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happens to the 2012 draft if next season gets locked out?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by darmor90, Jul 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Just a quick question I thought of. Would they give the lottery teams from 2010-11 the same odds? What happened in the NHL draft after their lock out?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

Basically the unanimous opinion is that there would be no draft. At all.

3. arjun

arjun Member

next draft is going to be SICK..i hope rockets SUCK next year...seriously....if we get 2 picks in the top 10....or atleast 1 in the top 5...damn

4. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I don't understand that. if there will be no draft, then what happens to the college senior basketball players? It doesn't make sense to me, unless they can still apply for the draft after college?

5. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

so does this turn it into an auction like setup for the top college guys who are coming out?

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Dont they just reuse the draft order of the previous year, except they rescind all picks that were traded?

So, the Clippers would have one of the Cav picks, the Nets would have one of the Jazz picks, etc.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well then this would be great for the teams in the top 5, the Raptors and would be great for us as well. The Cavs FO might kick themselves for not picking Jonas V though lol.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

why should the NHL draft be different if the NBA season is locked out? :confused:

all the people that have posted didnt see the mistake.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I was just being sarcastic, sorry.

There was a thread about this exact thing though. I don't remember what was said.

:)

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

11. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Actually, it is not a mistake. He is referring to when the NHL entire season was locked out, and is asking if we will use the same system they did to determine who gets what pick in the draft.

12. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I wouldn't mind a little luck and comming out with Andre Drummand and Austin Rivers;)

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

For this reason, I hope there is a season. I expect Morey to trash our roster and McHale to run the ship aground and then we'll have a very high pick in a strong draft. Without a season, we can only expect to get a decent pick at best.

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

How do they have the picks if the traded picks are rescinded?

15. delishman

delishman Member

Don't the Clippers have Minnesota's unprotected first rounder?

Does that mean they would get the #1 AND #2 picks in the draft and make the NBA explode with the most talented team ever?