1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happens after we take Fallujah?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Woofer, Nov 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea, I'm sure a lot of them left when they had the chance. Of course, the main guy we are after...what's his face(Zarqawi)...is I'm sure directing things from a low profile location, like any other Al Qaeda high profile person. Once we take Falluja, then who is to stop the bad guys from coming back? It's similar to that other city we recently took...they just came back. I think all you can hope to do is to get a foothold back in because the way the enemies operate is to run around playing hide, seek, and destroy. Their off blowing up Iraqi troops elsewhere. I guess you just keep doing this until you finally get enough Iraqi troops built up and put in place in all the cities that the insurgency becomes more like firecrackers than bombs in effectiveness. Unfortunately, the Iraqi recruits are like sardines being put in cans in the numbers they are killed in. Those police stations are like suicide bomber magnets. You better have barricades all around that place or it's a target. If our goal is to leave Iraq with a newly elected government in peace, then we might as well start building our own settlements for our troops to live in because it's going to be going on forever. Even when they say the borders are secure, their never really secure as crossing is never further than a footpath away.

If Bush and cohorts think there is going to be some all out victory followed by a parade, then they better think again. I just don't see us leaving for a very long time and, for that time we are there, there will never be consecutive days without some suicide car bomb going off somewhere. It's like controlling the mosquito population with pesticides. You never really wipe them out...you only seek to minimize their numbers. But, over time, they develop ways to develop an immunity to the pesticides just like the terrorists develop their own methods to avoid being wiped out altogether.

It's just a sore that is never going to heal. At some point, you just have to apply the bandage as best you can and leave it alone.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

After we retake Fallujah, it will be like with our mentors the Israelis. We will retake Ramdadi and Samarra and Sadr City ad nauseam for years.

We will do this till the rural guys and gals get tired ov volunteering.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I hope we kill each and every terrorist...I pray we don't stop till death becomes to all!

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I hope we kill each and every terrorist...I pray we don't stop till death becomes to all!

Has anyone noticed that except for the deluded Treeman who is still probably muttering about "centrufuges" that none of the bbs chickenhawks have talked about actually going to help out in Iraq? Why not? -- if they actually believe this is about defending their country against terrorism?

Isn't it somewhat embarrassing to have such a gap between tough talk and deeds?

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly am in favor of killing terrorists, but the statement is flawed. There is no finite number of terrorists that would qualify as 'all'. Depending on factors such as how we handle situations, policies etc, there are more people who can always become terrorists. It wont' be a situation where we can finally rest after we've gotten 30,000 of them or anything.

6. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Spot on

How DO you threaten or intimidate men who are prepared to die for their cause, with joy and religious fervor in doing so? I can understand your bravado Roxran, even if it's a little over-the-top, but FB is right. You kill 10, and twenty more spring-up inspired by hacks like OBL who have twisted their faith to use these young men to die and advance a political agenda which is masked by religious fanaticism.

Roxran, you know full well that you and your A2, now that you can have an "evil" flash suppressor and bayonette lug...lol, would be in the streets of Houston blasting away at an occupying force regardless if they said they were there for your "freedom". Imagine an Arabic country invading Texas to "set us free" and set up a religious theocracy in their image?

I know these arguments have been made before and are nothing new, I just can't see a solution other than a protracted war like between Palestinians and Israel. OR, we write the region off and pull out all together--just as bad a decision as staying and draining our country of it's wealth and standing.

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

New Texas...with the capitol...Bush City

8. Chump

Chump Member

all joking aside, remember there are American men and women over there dying everyday for this mistake of a war..

http://www.corrente.blogspot.com/2004_11_07_corrente_archive.html#109994795098839877

9. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I could give two sh*ts on who voted for who...that was a POWERFUL story, I could hear the explosions, feel the heat and smell the gunpowder while reading....God help me if I was that commander and had to write back to the family that their son was cut down and didn't even get to fight back....