1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what happened with John Starks and...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by comets979899, Aug 1, 2000.

1. comets979899

comets979899 Member

all the free agency movement. i thought he wanted to go to maimi? now, with eddie jones presumbibly headed to maimi, how does this effect him and where he will end up? does anyone know anything about what's going on with him?...

------------------
    i need a cool signature...can i steal yours?!?!

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Man, he shoulda stayed in Chicago.

I can't belive someone would be as stupid as he was. How are you going to sign a contract and then refuse to play until you get out of your contract?

I hope no one signs him. I don't think New York would want him back...And who else would?

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

3. Gideon

Gideon Member

I think the better question is who cares what happened to John Starks. Don't you recall the '93 '94 championship. Everyone in Houston hated that guy, and he acted like a jerk. He's outta the picture, and I for one am glad of it.

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

4. Swopa

Swopa Member

There were reports of Utah talking to Starks about their $2.25M exception. If that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in Miami for the minimum.

He's pretty close to done, though. He couldn't play more than a few games last year without the tendinitis in his knees flaring up -- and even if he chose to play through it, his shooting percentage would plummet. And he can't keep up with younger SGs.

------------------

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Why hate Starks? We already beat him in '94. Hating Stockton for that 3 that eliminated us from the playoffs I can understand (though not share) since we were never able to avenge ourselves on him. But hating Starks is a waste of energy since we've already showed him up.

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

6. Gascon

Gascon Member

We showed up Shaq in 95', and I still hate him.

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

as already mentioned in another thread, Starks is suppossed to sign with Utah.

------------------
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women!

9. slcrocket

slcrocket Member

You probably know this, but Starks has officially signed with Utah. This is actually a decent pickup for the Jazz, as their guards are depleting. Eisley is all but gone, Hornacek is already gone, and even lowly Jacque Vaughn is not happy in Utah, from what I hear. I expect him to resign, though.

------------------
    Jazzkiller