1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to Clutch's April 1st Tradition?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tango, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Did I miss the memo somewhere?? :) There were some classics!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

THis whole season has been an April fools joke....I hope :(

1 person likes this.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The joke is that there is no joke.

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Well you ruined for a lot of people if he planned something for later.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I laughed, then I got sad.

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I laughed so hard this morning because I saw there was no joke when everyone was expecting a joke. Great April 1st joke.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

after last night's developments on the court and the drama that went down behind closed doors in the front office of the Toyota Center, you would think there wasn't a need for threads like these...

1 person likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

eww, juicy stuff.

More info. please tell.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seriously.

These types of threads are just insensitive considering what happened here in the past 24 hours.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think life happened

guy got busy you know wife and kids outside of this site he aint no loser like me who spends all day here.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Just wait for it! But thanks for killing the joke by letting everyone who didn't know already that there he is april fools joke here every year. Great job, keeping it under wraps and playing along. :rolleyes:

12. conquistador#11

With all the injuries that we've been hit with these past seasons, every game feels like an april fool's joke. =(

13. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

lack of april fools aside, across110thstreet, a friend of mine who works at toyota was saying that he also heard there was some discussions/arguing last night and over the past couple of days at the toyota center. i emailed him to tell me a bit more but he is still at work right now. hopefully he gets back to me soon.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL, I wish it was that smart in the planning.

Sorry all -- I really, really struggled with it, but opted not to do an April Fools joke this year. It's only our second year since 4/1/1997 to not do one (the other year was <a href="http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1191/april_fools_gag_what_april_fools_gag/">2005</a>). There were some good ideas kicked around the last week and had actually just about finished what I was going to do, but I just felt a bit trapped between not doing it and disappointing, and doing the joke when it's completely and fully expected (and all the BBS replies that come with that). As a result, you have to do some kind of obvious joke (like last year's "T-Mac purchases ClutchFans") as opposed to something you're trying to get people to believe (like "Olajuwon to retire"). I just felt like what I was going to do was way too transparent.

Sorry to disappoint, but I do want to reserve the right to do (or not do) future jokes.

1 person likes this.
  15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

A lot of us have known this for over a week. Kinda shocking but also kind of expected.

16. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

lol
    I was looking forward to see the reactions from the "Yao foot breaks again" headline

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

James Dickey

18. Prince

Prince Member

man, i've been clicking evryhour to see what Clutch's joke this year. then i got this thread.

:(

well, here's my april fool's joke foryou.

:p

19. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

That would have been off the chain.....People would have been crying on here....

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Don't be a drama queen. This season really isn't that disappointing. No Yao or Mac, and we were still in the playoff hunt for most of the season and will finish with a very respectable record. We've also built a nice group going forward.