1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happen to Jay Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Luckyazn, Jul 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

What happen to the guy? I've heard him trying out for a couple of teams including the Rockets and he had a yr or so to recover.

I mean is he DONE? or is he still a possibility?

Any news on him?

2. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Basically what i have heard is just that he is not good enough to make a roster! The injury really affected his game and he will likely be no more than a traveling NBADL player. Nice thought though i remember when some columnist critized the rockets org. for not taking him over Yao! Can you imagine if we had taken him? We would literally be the Trailblazers twin brother.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

They are going to retry him on the manslaughter charge.

4. opticon

opticon Member

wrong williams my friend jay williams is who this thread is about. Not Jason williams former Net foward.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What a crazy year for him. First he wins a championship with the heat, then he gets dragged to court on manslaugther charges. But it could be worse, he could've ended up in a motorcycle crash like that guy who got drafted #2 after Yao.

6. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

That's also the wrong Jason Williams. The one from New Jersey is the one that killed his driver or someone.

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It's really too bad if he's not good enough to make any roster. We could really go for a 70% Jay Williams right about now. We really need another sharpshooter out there. I feel like our team's naked.

8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The guy was a 9 and 5 player when he was healthy. His game was based on explosion. Now he can't even dunk.

Think I'll pass.

9. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

MrButtocks was joking. With a name like that, it should be apparent! :)

10. eSwoosh

eSwoosh Member

Jay Williams has wanted to come back for 2 years now, and not a team is biting. He's definetly lost his explosiveness, which was a key part of his game. Had he stayed healthy, he probably could have become a decent point guard, but I think Kirk Hinrich is still better..

Jay Williams was a terrible shooter, so saying we should sign him for outside shooting is pointless. He couldn't even hit 70% of his free throws and his FG was less than 40%.

11. ymc

ymc Member

Glad we didn't pick him. Otherwise, we would still have SF3 and Cat to ball for us with annual lottery fun. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: