1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what gaming platform do you own?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3814, Sep 28, 2004.

?

what gaming platform do you own?

1. GameCube

9 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. PlayStation 2

35 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. XBOX

31 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. only PC

19 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. multiple (pc and one other doesn't count)

30 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. AMS

AMS Member

NICE, im desperately trying to get a modchip and a new HD on my PLaystation Killer.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

PCs have no soul.

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I hate having to play a game with a keyboard and mouse. I guess it is because I grew up playing games with a controller. I also like playing games on my big screen tv a lot better than a computer monitor.

4. AMS

AMS Member

they do make replica joysticks of xbox and ps2 controllers....

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I know they do, but a lot of computer games do not use controllers. There are also very few fighting games which I like a lot.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Since you answered MASTER BAITER about this, what about replicas of BIG SCREENS? :D

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I like to play video games for the carnage and violence that it's immoral to carry out in "real life." My favorite game as a kid was Mortal Kombat, if that tells you anything. PS2 was the console that had awesome shoot-em-ups like GTA3, so that's the one I bought. I enjoyed the hell out of Manhunt and the Suffering and also got a kick out of action games like True Crime and Rise of Honor. I CAN NOT WAIT for GTA: San Andreas. I don't really know if X-Box also has these games, to be honest, 'cause I don't pay much attention to it. But I never play sports games or RPGs or things like that. I like blood!!

I have heard X-box has better graphics, but I've never played one, so I can't really confirm that.

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I like PC gaming as well, but it depends on the time. For example, when the PS3, Xbox 2, and Revolution all come out, they'll look a lot better than any PC game, kind like this gen, IIRC. Of course, they'll be able to use the power for other things as well such as AI and stuff. Plus, it would be pretty awesome to play from a Blu-ray disc just when all PC games are on DVD.

Although, after a year or maybe even less, the PC will catch up and start looking awesome as well. I'll may try to update my PC around that time to start playing the PC games that start looking better than the console games. Although now that I think about it, if I was playing a PC game, I'd technically be playing an Xbox 2 game since that is the aim of Microsoft and XNA. So....I'd be playing a console game...but on a PC.:confused:

I do like the mouse and keyboard in FPS and RTS's, although that's kind of like how I need a gamepad to play a sports game.

For ported games, which probably makes up most of the games probably, they look better. (Like sports games for example) They also look better in a lot of their exclusives. In some cases though, the PS2, the "weakling" of the three, can put up some amazing graphics that I'm not sure if the Xbox could do. This is pretty difficult to do, but there are some beatiful games on the PS2 that make me wonder how they do it.

I think most of the games you mentioned are on the Xbox and probably look better on it as well. However, AFAIK, GTA:SA will be PS2 only.

9. AMS

AMS Member

;) a lot of tv's double as monitors... LCD baby.

10. Uprising

Uprising Member

I'll take a Mouse and keyboard for a FPS any day of the year over a controller.

I hate controllers for FPS.