1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

I liked Gun, which came out before any of these. Just seeing if I'd have a better experience starting with revolver and then following with the two redemption titles.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's not directly connected to the Redemption titles and I wouldn't say aged well, so you should just play the Red Dead Redemption titles first and then maybe Revolver out of curiousity.

Revolver takes below 10hrs so you could beat it pretty quickly anyway, so you can always give it a shot.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't think anyone could possibly hate on the incredible map, the world they built, and the detail involved in the game.

I think a lot of people were annoyed with the ending, but if you were, you must have not played RDR1. It wasn't exactly happy either.

My brother got annoyed with it too, was tired of having to eat, take tonics, etc all the small things that got tedious.

Whenever I got bored with the storyline there were so many things to do. Hunting and fishing in this game were incredible.

One thing I never was able to do was tame the damn White Arabian. I tried so many times and kept failing, and it just ended up pissing me off.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. STR8Thugg

No.

RDR1 and RDR2.

I would play RDR1 first if you are going to play both, bc RDR2 is so much more detailed and advanced in every way that RDR1 will probably just piss you off if you go back and play that after playing RDR2.

Blatz, Roscoe Arbuckle and Yung-T like this.
  5. STR8Thugg

Again, if you want to play it fine. But it's hardly related in any way except rockstar made it. But you don't need to play it first. Trust me when I say you might as well skip ahead to RDR1.

It's like the difference between GTA 2 and GTA 3.
    [​IMG]

Personally, if I hadn't played any of them and knowing what I know now, I would just play RDR2. It's hard to go back to technology of 2009 when RDR2 is so breathtaking, but RDR1 is a good story, it's fun, and it'll get you used to what to expect. Both games are long though, so you'll be playing for awhile.

(For reference, I got RDR1 over Christmas break when I was home for college, and I got sick at the start so I played it basically non-stop for 3-4 days. After that I played for 1-2 hrs a few times a week, etc, etc. Probably took me about a month and a half at that pace to beat it, but I did every side mission and dicked around a lot. RDR2 I did the same thing (got it during COVID and played 5 hours a day for the first week and a half) I just beat it about a week ago. Probably played 2-3 hours per week after the initial surge. I didn't do every side mission, so technically I didn't complete the entire game, I'll have to go back and do that.)

--Point is: They are long ass games.

#145 STR8Thugg, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

By far...

I got it during the shutdown and played about 5 hours a day for the first two weeks. Then 1-2 hours 2-3x per week, etc etc.

I didn't complete all the side missions so there is still a lot left for me to do. It's probably my favorite game I've ever played. RDR1 was my previous favorite, and as much as I like the GTA games, I like the RDR series better.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree about the order, but think RDR1 aged pretty well and is still a ton of fun (recently replayed it), so it doesn't seem as bad after playing RDR2 as for example a Witcher I does after Witcher 2&3.

8. STR8Thugg

Yeah I just looked up side by side comparisons, and RDR1 looks better than I thought it would even head to head.

It's not like GTA3/Vice City vs. GTA 5

Yung-T likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

Geezus.......

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

One of the quotes for the ages, miss his takes.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

AR37. The grind is real. I have about 7800 Primogems stocked up. Klee doesn't interest me and I don't want those 4* characters. Can't wait for the next patch in a couple of weeks.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My current targets are Zhongli (Geo) and Ayaka (Ice waifu), Childe (Water) also seems dope.
    As Barbara makes okay water damage when paired with Fischl, Childe is the least important out of those three though.

I'm at around 75 or something wishes since my Jean, so I'll at least have the next banner 5* char guaranteed within my next two 10er wishes.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  13. Aware

Aware Member

for me rdr2 was too tedious and kinda lost some of the charm of the first 1. i can appreciate the detail and everything that went into making it, but it was not a very fun game to play.

imo bloodborne was the best game of the current gen. the only negative i can think of is that its stuck on the ps4 lol

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

I need another healer for Spiral Abyss. All I have is Barbara at C4. My Fischl is C1.

My event banner is at 0 pity, I stopped after getting Venti. My normal banner has 21 wishes. I hope the next banner has good characters.

Currently farming for talent upgrades and artifact upgrade fodder.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. I have conquered the world multiple times in glorious HD. It brings me back to late October, 1997. How I wish I had that much hair again. Heck, that body. I also wish I'd thought to buy stock in Pfizer Inc., who has made so much money off of me. Not that I can complain all that much.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Rumoredly it's the Zhongli&Ningguan banner, which would be nice.
    [​IMG]
    Then Childe next and Xiao in January.

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Nothing except JackBox Party Packs, lol.

18. Duncan McDonuts

I guess that'd make sense with the conclusion of the Liyue quests. Geo isn't a very exciting element, though.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea not really flashy, but guess seems useful against bosses.

20. Poloshirtbandit

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn a few weeks ago. Honestly lost interest in the story, but I really enjoy the game play. May try to replay the game at harder difficulty but not sure.