1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I also purchased that blessing of the moon, it's good value and the devs really deserve the money with the game they made.

The next update will give you daily resin iirc to make the grind quicker and we'll also see the next world region this month or November, Inazuma (Japanese theme). Can't wait.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Well here's my Genshin update:

I think I hit AR 21 yesterday. No Venti. :( I haven't had a ton of time to play, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making. I haven't fully explored all the game content, but I think I'll stick with the game for a while, assuming it receives good content moving forward. It still has some annoying issues that need fixing, but nothing major.

I can definitely see how this game might become less enjoyable once you hit the higher AR levels, though it doesn't seem like it would be that much different from most gacha games (especially at launch). It might be a bit rough for a bit, but given how good the base game is thus far, I'm thinking we'll see some great stuff if we just stay patient.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I still recall doing this when I was a kid. It seems silly now, but it was groundbreaking for kids. Back then, everything was myths and rumors. Most were complete crap, like in Atari Empire there was a rumor that if you defeated 100 AT-AT's you'd move on to the Death Star. But this was the first one that was true and we could actually do.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

5. Aware

Aware Member

finish my first playthrough of fire emblem for the switch. really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to playing again once i forget everything in a couple of weeks.

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Baldersgate 2. And civilization 5. Yes old games but they are classics.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I discovered Slay the Spire this weekend. What a great, nuanced and elegant turn-based strategy game using cards. It's super repayable. I bought it for iPad but I'm considering the Steam version because there are tons of mods. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes strategy games.

I still play Civ 4 on occasion. I think the series peaked with Civ 4 and the games afterward were made much more 'accessible' and dumbed down, more strategy-light. The Civ board game is very good too.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just cannot get into turn-based card games. I played a bit of Slay the Spire a while back, and you're right, it is pretty good. But I just can't seem to stick to these kind of games for whatever reason.

It is silly since I love turn-based strategy games in general...and I even enjoy card mini-games (Gwent, Final Fantasy minigames, etc). I need to give it another shot at some point.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm with you, I don't love deck building games. Maybe it's the RNG aspect. The only other one I've played at any length was Heartstone.

One of the reviews for Spire said 'this game made me love deck building games' and I can understand it.

It's damn good, though. I can't put it down. It has a subtle story to tell, too. Without hitting you over the head with it, it tells you the story of the Spire.

RC Cola likes this.
  10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Red Dead Redemption 2. Finally finished.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Yung-T and AXG like this.
  11. AXG

AXG Member

Red Dead 2 is the only game I bought within the last year. I still haven't finished it but it's the best game I played for this console generation.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Always wonder why so many hated on it, the story and world were magnitudes better than RDR1 imo.
    Also nice to see them not just going with a stereotypical happy ending.

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I will be buying Baldyr’s Gate 3 when it comes out. I am a mark. Heck I spent over 45 minutes re-rolling my stats for my character every time I start a new game.

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I bought civ 6 on stream over a month ago. It was a waste. Still play civ5. I have civ4 on my old laptop but I haven’t played it in years. I can’t bring myself to buy it again since I have civ5. I hate civ6 btw. Another game I play once and awhile is steak trek Armada 2. I downloaded off of a sight since activision Lost it’s Star Trek licence and can’t sell it anymore. Great game

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

On RPG's I take a day or two just to figure out what I want to be. lol. The Early Access for Baldur's Gate 3 is out now... it's $60. If you get it now, you may have an idea of what you want to play by the time it comes out of Early Access. I'm going to wait a while.

AleksandarN likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Ring fit. I give it a 7 out of 10

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Should I start with Red Dead Revolver?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Playing Spiderman and Destiny 2.

I have a love-hate relationship w/ Destiny 2...

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah I checked online. Looks like I have to get a new computer damn you guys telling me the early release is out. I want to play it on full settings. It will look great on my new curved Samsung tv I just bought this past December.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure whether you are joking because of the abbreviation, but that was a fun little Western experience in this world full of 50hr open world games.