1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What exactly did Canaan do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zbed, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Zbed

Zbed Member

I don't know why Canaan isn't getting minutes, especially when our offense is struggling, the kid can ball and I thought he proved that before he got hurt.
    It could be simply because he's still recovering and wouldn't be much help because of that ankle injury still lingering or is it McHale simply still not trusting him?

2. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

We need to develop him more. There isn't anything he cannan't do. Slash, shoot and his D is alright. Need that anti-one-dimensional rotation player badly.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

clyde said he's an all-star so i really dunno

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

day in and day out...

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It appears Canaan only plays when there are injuries. Nick Johnson has taken his rotational spot. I think Canaan can help this team but McHale doesn't have much confidence in him.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he already proved to be ahead of johnson so i dunno whats going on. he def should be ahead of shved too

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm wondering if the ankle is still an issue. He was one of the first guys off the bench in Denver, then I think Feigen said he was on the bench having his ankle stretched. Hasn't seen the court since. Re-gluing him to the bench if he's good to go is idiotic.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i thought it was 'night in and night out' :grin:

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Somebody posted a "What exactly did Troy Daniels do" thread complaining about him not playing, and Troy gets traded.

Are you trying to get Canaan off the team?

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

mchale is a dumass

did the same thing last time with canaan when bev came from injury, and canaan lit up the kings...

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

So one night he's in and one night he's out?. :confused:

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that's called…..'taking care of business…..one night at a time……ah-hee-hee-hee-hee'

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Nick Johnson does NOTHING better than Canaan

14. baubo

baubo Member

He's not going to do much of anything once Brewer starts playing anyway, so it becomes a moot point. Brewer will get backup 2 minutes. Terry and Beverley split PG duties. And Nick Johnson will go back to putting up numbers in the D-League.

15. basketballholic

Kevin McHale is making critical mistakes in his rotation by not playing Canaan when Harden is on the bench. It showed once again tonight and cost us the game even more than Tony Brothers and his bad calls.

You cannot play Terry and Nick Johnson in the back court together when Harden sits especially when you are sitting Kostas as well.

Canaan may be the best perimeter shooter on the team. Canaan is a better defender than Terry. Canaan may be the quickest player on the team and he for sure has a far superior handle to Terry and Johnson.

There's absolutely no reason other than injury that Canaan should have not been in there tonight. I sure hope he's still dinged. Because if he was ready to go and McHale intentionally sat him......bad mistake on McHale's part.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think canaan is going to get traded. His stock surely went up when he was allowed to play. The problem with guys like isiah canaan is that they are easily replaceable through the draft. They are 6' guards that can score and that is about it. Nick needs to bulk up and get better acclimated with the NBA but the guy seems to be a smarter player in my opinion. Watch the extra passes he makes. There are certainly some rookie mistakes that he makes but over all I think he seems to have a lot more potential. I don't think this team is done with trades.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He grew taller better than Canaan.

18. basketballholic

If Canaan is going to get traded I sure hope it's soon to explain his lack of rotation minutes.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again I think Mchale is trying not to damage the potential asset that someone wants and I hope that team is Phoenix.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, with his 3ball he needs to be playing, honestly, I think Terry needs to grab some pine.

DD