1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What event occurred around the time you joined Clutchfans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Sep 1, 2013.

1. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

yao was drafted. :eek:

2. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Christmas?

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I think they got metta known as artest and was pushing the new big 3 with him tmac and yao. That turned out great.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

April fools prank when Hakeen joined the Spurs. Clutchcity.com, was the name at the time and I was in shock. I went by a different moniker during that time. Something happened with my the server, lost all info, and decided to rejoin during the Yao era.

Wassup, Clutchcity.com!

5. daRox

daRox Member

Steve Franchise, Cat Mobley, Kelvin Cato :) Rudy T!!!

6. Sketzophrenic

Sketzophrenic Member

2009 Playfoffs houston vs lakers first time we advance to second round with yao. Although it's a heartbreaking loss and after that we lost yao and tmac, i stayed as a rockets fan...:

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love how people are answering one thing, then I look to the left and see the actual join date. If you had another member name, you should probably mention that. If you were lurking, say that. When did you actually join? You know, get a member name. Post something?

I joined during the 3 draft picks for Eddie Griffin trade. I was sick of people talking trash and needed to say something positive. We had Mobley and Franchise and people were griping about losing 3 picks for this guy. He was a big man and we had two guards. I still contend that it was worth it to see if Griffin would pan out. He had center size and we had no real star center. Clutch actually highlighted my first or second post on the front page for a few days. I love that that feature is back.

I was lurking before that for 8 months or so. I was having trouble mourning the loss of Hakeem. This place was my coping mechanism.

8. Naismith

Naismith Member

When CF first required you to join to post in 2002.
    naismith

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I lurked for a long time. Then when we acquired Kyle Lowry and I knew I'd never have to see Alston's damn teardrop again, I had to join to post some celebratory messages. :p

10. stab

stab Member

The Eddie Griffin saga.

I had been recently turned onto Clutchcity.net, by a small shoutout by SI in the early 2000's.

A former co-worker of mine had intimate details about Eddie Griffin and his baby mama drama which I posted.

Even though I have been a member for well over a decade, I rarely post messages. I only have a few hundred to my name. I was overseas in the military for the better part of the last decade and didn't have the time to respond, but I always check the site because it is one of the most knowledgable out there and I love the competitive banter.

Just one of many examples:
    You would be stunned to know that so-called true NBA hardcore fans from other cities in the US don't even know what the MLE is, or with any sophistication, how it works.

Love this site...

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

In a handful of years some of us will have known Clutch for 20 yrs.

Prior to rejoining as RocketRaccoon, I was laughinj then lurked for awhile until my life settled down.

But to answer the op directly, nothing significant, just looking for an online Rockets community.

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Right before or after Steve Francis was drafted.

My first post was that Steve Francis was rated at 85 in NBA live as a joke. I also made it onto many people's ignore list promptly thereafter.

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I started lurking around the 2012 draft when we were supposed to trade for Dwight. My heart was broken for a couple of months after, then I got over it joined clutchfans, and jumped on the Royce White bandwagon (ugh we were desperate for optimism). A few weeks after joining we traded for Harden and things turned around.

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I used to have another account. But I remember when Clutchfan didn't allow just anyone to post. Anybody know what year it was when Clutch made it do anyone could register and post?

15. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Been lurking since 09, but I decided to join right after I quit working for Toyota Center. Shared an elevator with Courtney Lee and he told me I needed to get my priorities straight.

16. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

2002 I first checked clutch fans occasionally after yao got drafted. I was living in LAke Charles at the time I was just looking for Houston Rockets content. I only lurked occasionally and I was a casual clutchfans browser. In 2007 i started reading hard core every day checking nd reading even in the off season which continues to this day. In 2009 I finally got tired of not being able to view at the really busy times. I dont really remember the event but since my date is Feb 09 we can assume the lowry trade time i supppose.

17. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Same here. I had been watching the Rockets a lot prior but this is what was happening when I joined CF

18. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I had been checking out Clutchcity.net or .com since they had the baby Hakeem, Charles, and Clyde on the front page. Only joined in 2002 bc of the influx of YOFs from China creating. I couldn't read the forum unless I joined.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

First started lurking during the Houston-Dallas 05 series. I guess it took me a long time to decide to start posting.

20. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

The summer of Yao. I didn't know anything about the big fella and was looking for some Intel.