1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does this team have to do to lose you as a fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lucnguye92, Aug 3, 2013.

1. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

Nothing Die Hard since day 1

2. jj3469

jj3469 Member

maybe a name change. I don't care about a move. I live I California. I even tried to force myself to become a warriors fan a couple years ago because I thought it would be nice to be able to go to games regularly of my favorite team,, but I just could quit the Rockets

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

great photoshop!

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

Declare every night Karl Malone bobblehead night.

5. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

I don't get all of the threads like this one and the other "would you still be a fan if...." threads. Like I said, a true diehard fan is going to remain a fan regardless. Does it mean I have to agree with every move? No. Does it mean I have to like every player? Nope. Does it even mean that I have to be a fan of every player? No (Sorry Jones, you lost me when you kicked a homeless man). But it DOES mean that you remain a fan of the team overall, no matter what.

6. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

This, pretty much. Only reason I'd stop being a fan is if they changed their name, and even then they'd probably need to move to another city too for me to lose interest. I'm not from Houston, but if they moved AND changed their name they'd be a completely new team to me. Like the Thunder.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Aside from skipping town, I think my interest would ebb if the front office significantly downgraded in capability. I think fans of the dumb franchises are a bunch of suckers. It's not that the team has to be a winner all the time (and we haven't been for a long time), but they have to be smart enough to give themselves a chance. How can a Wizards fan stand to root for a team that perrenially makes bad decisions?

Likewise, if the owner wasn't willing to spend enough to give the team a chance. Look at the Bobcats -- they'll never win. Or, can you imagine if the Rockets had Durant, Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka and they traded Harden for a bag of beans because Les Alexander wasn't willing to pay the luxury tax? I might be a fan in some casual way, but that'd be the most I could muster.

8. Lando

Lando Member

Absolutely nothing

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

For me, short of them pulling a BudAdams on us, it would probably be the way the league is run to cause me to stop being an NBA fan, for me to lose interest as a Rockets fan. Between the stern deals, officiating, favoritism and rule changes to promote the entertainment aspect of the game, those are the things that over the years have made my interest waver. They are lucky I love my Rockets like I do.

Also, for a good model for losing fans, look at baseball for the past two decades and, for me, culminating in what has happened to the Astros.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Skipping town would do it. As long as the Rockets are in Houston, I will support. Can't help it.

11. Sirton

Sirton Member

Other than leaving town.... Maybe if they hired Danny Ainge, John Stockton, Karl Malone and Kermit Washington as the new face of the Rockets:mad:

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Leaving Houston

15. john_l

john_l Member

Nothing the Rockets could do would make me lose Linterest.

Having said that, the NBA has lost me a season ticket holder with the lousy officiating. Particularly the Dallas series. I'll watch on TV and I love the game and the team, but I'm not willing to spend 5k / year on tickets anymore.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

MOVE TO Dallas or Utah

17. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

If they acquire Kobe.

18. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Change their name to the Comets and join the WNBA

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Simple: Move.

I will always be a fan of the Houston Rockets, no matter how good or how bad we are.

20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Put me in a coma.