1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does this team have to do to lose you as a fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lucnguye92, Aug 3, 2013.

1. meh

meh Member

LOL at you taking this post seriously. Yeah, you're obviously not a true Houstonian if you actually believed this.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If the owner starting making outlandish political statements by using the team or the logo, or if the owner traded everyone away and said "winning is never important," or if the team left town. Those are the 3 scenarios where I would question my fanhood.

3. saleem

saleem Member

I used to live in Missouri,spent more time there than in Houston. It would be nice to see a pro team in STL. I just want the Rockets to stay in Houston though.

4. PatBeverleyFan

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Nothing, but threads like this sure make me lose patience with new people on this forum who are bot Rockets fans getting permission to run this site into the ground with their trash.

1 person likes this.
  6. crash5179

crash5179 Member

Thread!

7. saleem

saleem Member

Nothing is going to change me from being a Houston Rockets fan. I believe one day,we will win a championship again. I was in Houston during the back to back championships. It was magical,and we all want to get back to the top.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Id be hard-pressed to be a fan if our front office was on par with the Clippers or Kings. Management for those teams thoroughly ****ed their fans. The Clippers have only been lucky lately.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

that is scary

10. PeppermintCandy

Excommunicate Olajuwon.

11. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Of course if the team moved away I would only still keep watching them until we got another team.

I did agree with the answer that if they changed the teams name to the Lakers that it would be hard to stay with them but I actually would join the armed uprising that would ensue.

The only other thing that may be hard to stick with them is if they joined the American League.

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I don't know if there is anything that they could do that would make me stop being a fan, but if they got rid of Morey I would be REALLY unhappy.

13. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Yeah I see ur point there. I wouldn't want them to change their name for one. But would sure love to have a pro team close. Reguardless I will always be a Rocket fan.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If they said, "We think our fans suck. We're hoping to attract a totally new fan base."

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm 12 and what is this

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Todd McCullough defending some old guy that the Rockets traded away.

The Big TMac after retirement:

[​IMG]

#57 Carl Herrera, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  18. kjayp

kjayp Member

....switch over to a soccer team?

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i like the honesty

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

/thread

I think a move would really hurt it for me too. but thats about it. No player leaving or coming could do that. If we had really bad ownership after a long long time that might get me to leave. Folks that care about one player or another and follow that team is kinda weird to me.

For me its kinda neat to see a team down then up then down and kind of fight that ebb and flow. Its more real. Its like when the rockets were sucking late 80s early 90s and then tney pulled it out and went to championship. Then they sucked then they got franchise and started to look good.. then looked bad then.. got ming and started to look good. then bad again!! then now again howard and harden.

The highs are more highs when you have the lows.