1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think Vick will do this year?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by emjohn, Aug 29, 2011.

?

What Vick are you expecting?

1. Better than Last Year

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Same as Last Year

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Somewhere in the Middle

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Same as Atlanta Years

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Worse than Atalanta Years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Spin Off Poll Thread

Was last year a fluke for Vick?

The guy flat out dominated the league last year (and good god almighty that MNF game @Was). But....he's looked pretty shaky in his decision making and accuracy this preseason, looking more like the Falcon that was a forever 75-Rating QB. He had never sniffed the marks he met last year.

Of the two preseason games that matter, Vick had ratings of 14 and 71.

Is he falling back to earth?

Are defenses catching up after he caught the league by surprise?

Vick's first six games last year: 111 Rating, including two well over 110

Vick ran into a Giants front seven that give him fits after his absurd Deadskins MNF game, which led off:
    Vick's second 6 games: 90 Rating, only one game crossing 100 (103.4) and finishing his year with the Vikings' front seven giving him a lot of trouble (74 QBR, 2 lost fumbles, INT, 6 sacks).

Playoffs versus Green Bay, Vick was contained to the tune of an 80 Rating and only 32 yards scrambling.

I'm not closing the book on him at all....but I've got to wonder if he's going to be as magical this year. I get the sense that a formula is there if you've got the right personnel on defense.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The short offseason will lead to struggles on offense, stuff that wont necessarily be Vick's fault. This will force him to run more. My guess is he'll get hurt. Miss at least 5 games.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

(all numbers rounded)
    Averages from Full Seasons as a Falcon:

2530 passing yds at 55%, 77 QBR, 16 TD : 11.5 INT, 830 rushing yards and 5 TDs

Last Year
    3020 passing yds @ 63%, 100 QBR, 21 TD : 6 INT, 675 rushing yards and 9 TDs

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Better than last year. MVP. #1 overall fantasy points. Super Bowl MVP. The guy turned his life around.

5. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Eagles better fix their oline fast. Doesn't matter how good Vick does if he gets hurried or sacked every play.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

He will do OK.

Def not better than last year.

7. Asian Sensation

I hope he doesn't do to well since I don't have him this year. :(

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Watching the preseason highlights of the Eagles, he's been looking at the lights. or the sky.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Vick will do fine until he's injured. Giving him the contract with a swiss cheese offensive line to protect him doesn't make sense to me.