1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think of Tito and Tierre's play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LA's #1 Rocket Fan, Oct 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I really cannot watch any Rocket games over here, but I look at stats on espn and it looked like Tito had an alright game with 9pts and 6asts. And Brown got the start and looks like he shot well at 50%. Any of you guys that caught the game, how would you rate their play? Also does Tito seem to have that natural PG talent? Which would you guys keep as of what you have seen in these preseason games?

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

Tierre looked pretty good running the show. Tito seemed to have a hard time with the press. They both made some pretty good plays, but Tierre looks much more comfortable handling the ball.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I didn't see the game - but the Box has Tito with 6 assists in 25 minutes (4TO's- all against the press?). Press aside, was he running the offense nicely?

Also, how does his quickness compare with Tierre?

And how's his defense? Was he on Starbury most of the time (had 2 steals)?

4. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i liked that nice lil layup tito did plus the fould before the end of the game. i think tito has potential if he practices hard enough. it would be good to see him be a good back up shooting guard for cuttino mobly, because mobley's game wasnt there tonight with his ball hoggin ass. :mad:

5. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

They will both make the team. Tito had more assists, but TB played with EG and Tmo when they missed alot of shots. I still cannot believe that TB did not get better offers from other teams. Clearly a best kept secret. One would have thought at least, John Lucas would have come calling.

6. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Tito looks a little smaller than I thought. I remember them saying he may be able to play some 2, but I doubt that.

I think Tierre has progressed since last year and he will be on the active roster. I would rather have Brown at 250k than Moochie @ 3.6 mil!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If both of them make the team, the roster will be like this:

Ming, Cato, Collier
    Eddie, Mo
    KT, Rice, TMo, Boki
    Cat, Torres
    Steve, Mooch, Tito, Tierre

That's 15 guys (and everybody is quite healthy). Max you can have, with 3 on the IR. (That means the two most popular FA, Mickeal and Goodrich, won't make it.)

The question is: who will be in the IR doghouse?

8. DearRock

Tito can play the 2 if only because of his defence and ball handling. There are things he will bring to certain situations of a game that many do not have. Projecting to next year, he should be in good shape.

9. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

I cant wait to see Tito and Tierre both play. I like the assist columns from last night form Tito. Come DirectTV, get the League Pass going.

10. DearRock

Easy, drop Tito in behind OT and you got it as it is going to happen. The IR doghouse will be rotated but I want Collier available for all Laker games.

11. FranchiseRules

Tito improved as he got more time on the court. He didn't play all last year so he has A LOT of rust. But, he showed some GREAT plays that ended up as turnovers but with more PT will turn into assists for sure! One play he threw up an alley-oop to Torres that was just off the mark.(that WON'T happen when he gets a 7'6 target!) ;)

12. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I think I'm the only person on these boards that prefers Brown to Tito.

I can only go on preseason, but Tito doesn't look comfortable at point. He's easily B!tched by full and half court press, a press by the Suns......in preseason :eek:
    His court awareness isn't anywhere close to what a backup PG should be, but then again we have the King of Dribbling out the shot clock as our backup. ;)
    Plus, Tito tends to get stripped, or stopped easily once entering the lane.

Ahhh.....it doesn't really matter since either will probably get 3 minutes of playing time each month.

13. Live

Live Member

No, you're not alone.

Tito may have more potential, but Brown (when he isn't over-dribbling) is the better PG right now, which is understandable since Brown is experienced.

If I were Rudy\CD and had to choose between the 2, I would go with Tierre. But from a 'Big Picture' perspective, I'd lean towards Tito (he's probably going to see garbage, blow-out game minutes this year anyway, he can sit & learn).

14. xcharged

xcharged Member

They'll have to get accustom to defensive pressure. Those traps and double teams almost killed the Rockets last night.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

With the competition at the deep end of the bench looking so fierce this year, the IR rotation will be quite tight. It'll be interesting to watch.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

it seems to me most people prefer brown at this point. if i had to pick one i'd probably go with tierre as well though i definitely want to see more of tito since he did miss last year.

tito has problems with the press and just doesn't seem as good of a ballhandler as brown. tierre on the other hand can get reckless and is turnover prone. it does seem that he runs the offense better however he's also been with his teammates a year longer. tito is bigger and potentially a better defender. looks like we could keep them both however i would not want it to be at the expense of oscar.