1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you take with you when you work out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, Aug 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jayou

Jayou Member

Simple, keyless car entry. Or just leave all your stuff at home.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My answer is 2-fold. I don't really know, and you don't really care.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Leave everything at home and bring ID and gym card. The locks get cut off the locker very frequently. The only safe time is peak workout out time, when there are too many witnesses.

4. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

I'm only at the gym to get my swell on. I walk around the gym with my pockets pulled so these foos know that I'm all business. **** iPods and all gay homo stuff. :p

No, I have a gym in my garage. So only my house keys and water...and my swoll.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

when i go jogging from home and back, i just have my ipod in case thingy that straps on your arms, then i take my house keys off my main key ring and put them on my necklace and hence can run without the serious irritation of having pockets :D

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah, I think getting into a good diet is my main problem.

I know what you mean t_mac1 when you say that working out is a routine.. I used to feel the same way when I used to work out... you get a good feeling after you work out.. like you've become stronger.

If I can manage what I eat, then I think I can get a little slimmer.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I have a dedicated workout room in my house. Yes, it does have a full wall of mirrors. I usually just wear some bicycle shorts and no shirt. It's awesome

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Bahahahahaha.

Funny dat.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

damn dude, dropping some of that deep knowledge on us...

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'm going to assume that diet is referring to general nutrition and not "diet" in the sense of some gimmick program like atkins.

What you eat is every bit as important if not significantly more so than exercise in shaping your body, whether that's losing or gaining weight. Both should go hand in hand of course as part of a healthy lifestyle.

There are the freaks who can gain muscle or lose fat seemingly at whim all while eating whatever they want. For these folks nutrition may not be as vital as exercise, but these are the true rare ones.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Does anyone follow gym rules and take a towel???

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I don't, i just wipe the machines off with the paper towels and disinfect spray they have...

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I try... I try.... :)

14. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

15. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I take water and a small towel. If I'm running, I'll just take my key with me.

16. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

nope, i just bought a longhorn (women's) nike running shorts on sale at the co-op for $22 last mth---with pockets!! like them alot!!

i have the same problem at MP. worst part is, i got a new car and the remoteless key thing for the lexus is HUGE and i can't fit it in my pocket! i have no idea what to do with that thing. i usually run in my neighborhood tho so i only need the house key.

17. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

to further answer your question, when i go to the gym, i don't need pockets b/c i have the locker so i wear my pocketless shorts. but when i go running outside, i have to wear the ones with pockets for the key. it requires a little more planning than if they all just had pockets! my two w/o pockets are 10 yrs old and still going so i won't be getting rid of them anytime soon.

18. droxford

droxford Member

My workout backpack contains:

weightlifting gloves
    shoe horn
    extra headphones (earbuds)
    padlock
    shirt, shorts, shoes, socks, underwear

I bring my mp3 player with me and lock up my clothes and all my pocket sutff in the locker. If I'm weightlifting, I lock up the mp3 player. If I'm on a treadmill/elliptical, I bring it with me with headphones and listen to music.

Gym provides towels, so I don't need to bring any.

Some of my shorts have pockets and some don't. I hate it when they don't have pockets.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you really care if folks see you wearing a fanny pack while you jog/run? In the overall scheme of things, so what.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I remember a thread similar to this a few years ago, and they were asking what you bring to the gym. This poster, drapg, replied that he brings his laptop, pda, and phone and other gym items everytime to the gym. I thought it was the funniest thing ever because he was being totally serious.