1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you drive and what is your mpg?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swilkins, Jun 4, 2008.

?

Gas mileage?

1. 10-15

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. 16-25

65 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. 26-35

52 vote(s)
    37.4%
  4. 36-45

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. 46+

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

For those that like to keep track of fuel prices and their MPG, I highly recommend checking out www.houstongasprices.com

The website is associated with http://gasbuddy.com and you can check fuel prices from all over the area. I've been using it for the past three months now and it's VERY useful.

Also, if you're a registered user, there is a feature called the Fuel Logbook. You get to keep track of your fuel purchases....how much you paid per gallon, how many gallons you got, where you bought the fuel from, how much you spend per month, and how many miles per gallon your vehicle gets. I've been logging my fuel purchases for a while now, and it's interesting to see my driving habits with the miles per gallon and how much I spend on fuel.

2. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Go back to Kindergarten. :rolleyes:

3. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

2008 BMW 528i

Round 30mpg. Quite surprised with it.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We're making fun of rich people here, there's no need for that.

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

That's nice to have.

btw... I stopped at the H.E.B. at 249 and Louetta a few days ago and the gas was 4.07. I was like, "Those bastards raised it" and took off. I got down the road and then found out that all of them upped the price and that the H.E.B. was the cheapest. :mad:

I wonder how many people on this board would be willing to ride a motorcycle to work everyday. It's actually pretty cool. You get to focus on the same idiots in the morning. I never cared before.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I have been considering a moped* since I'm just hopping down the road to the bus stop.

*Laughing at my 6'1" lanky ass on a moped is understandable, and accepted as inevitable.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Right now I walk and take the bus, since my car burned down a year ago. It's actually cut down on a lot of stress. I'm going to be buying a car next month, and I can't say I'm looking forward to buying gas. The last time I filled up a tank, gas was like $2.50.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

2008 HR Grand Touring 350Z 6MT with 1400 miles- 16.8 MPG, all city.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

2000 Honda Accord V6, 25-27ish mpg.

Fully agree with the poster questioning major money on luxury cars. In the end, I don't care. I like my car, it's paid off, it's got no trouble (only 77k miles), and I'm VERY cautious right now about getting something new.

The high maintenance costs and premiums involved with hybrids turn me off - though the Prius plug-in would be tempting. I believe we're also on the cusp of a second generation of hybrid batteries (lithium instead of nickel). I'm wary of buying a new car in the middle of such a changing market. I bike commute, so that makes it easier for me to hang out and wait for things to settle.

If I'm considering something right now, it might be an entry level motorcycle. Not a cruiser or Harley, definitely not a death-machine Ninja. Something completely basic like a Nighthawk for short drives on surface streets. Low cost, high gas efficiency, acts as a third option for getting around.

Evan

10. lpbman

lpbman Member

I really want an 08 Ninja 250, but they are scarce and selling at a premium.

[​IMG]

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I drive a Lexus sedan with a V8 and of course get better mileage driving hwy...my commute to work/around town is less than 2 miles so that sux...If you don't care about gas or mpg, must be nice...

I filled up the other day and it was $72...Yeah, I can afford it, but still...I guess I think of those that can't or those making min. wage and a majority of their paycheck going to this category...

I've thought of a bike, but not sure...