1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you believe is the truth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 16, 2020.

?

What do you believe?

1. Harden has reformed

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Harden has not

75 vote(s)
    92.6%
  1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The truth?

*CP3 needed to be traded or the Rockets would be going through this drama near the beginning of last season.

*Instead we would be going into the season with Harden holding out and an often injured decrepit CP3 as probably
    our number 1 option. CP3 wouldn’t have last 55 games.

*Nobody can tell me how a player picked around #22 thru #28 in the 1st round helps improve this team immediately.
    I saw the Rockets draft Jeremy Lamb around #16 in the 1st and Royce White around #18 in the 1st completely bomb
    and Fultz drafted #1 for another team completely bomb.......so 1st round picks don’t equate to automatic success.

*Rockets had to offer multiple 1st round picks to move CP3 then and would have to beg teams and offer multiple
    1st round picks to move CP3 now. Schroder and Gillis-Alexander helped make CP3 look much better than he is.
    Rockets don’t have those point guards on the team making him look better than he is. You will see that now that he
    is in Phoenix. He will be hurt around 25 games of this shortened season.

*Westbrook can’t shoot 3’s.......in the playoffs his defender lagged off and help pack the paint. To be a 2nd or 3rd option
    doesn’t work. He has to be a 1st option as long as he continues lack of outside shooting in today’s NBA at 6’1”.
    At least Ben Simmons at 6’10” can set screens and roll to the basket for lob dunks or layups. Westbrook would
    get blocked doing such. Simmons can also linger on the baseline much like Capela did.

*Westbrook calling the Rockets culture toxic.....Harden misses practice? MDA didn’t have practices during the season.
    They were shoot-arounds. Harden led the league in scoring with 34 points per game. And that was holding him back so
    his buddy Westbrook could get his. Next closest player was Bradley Beal at 30 points per game. Rarely do you
    see the leading scorer lead be such a gap.

*Westbrook claims seeing part of toxic culture with Covid protocols. Westbrook probably contracted Covid while at
    rallies. Disease is new for everyone......everyone needs to do their part in protecting self, including Westbrook.

*Tilman political ties or donations. Trump is out, Biden won, you move on. Quinn Snyder and others donated to
    Trump as well. Those players aren’t cutting off their noses in spite of their face. Move on, collect your $41M and
    “Pass through Go.”

*Tilman can’t compete for a championship without going over the luxury tax threshold. That’s what it comes down to.
    Miami was squawking when the big 3 were at $28M each and LeBron said no more discount. LeBron saw their
    owner wasn’t going to do that so he bolted. Les saw this and said I’m out. I can’t afford the repeater tax.
    Dan Gilbright said this can’t be sustained. So much money and only one title. Tilman took a snap shot of the
    tax bill and posted this is what chasing a title looks like. Harden and Westbrook said this ride has ended in Houston.
    Harden and Westbrook salaries need to be multiple younger stars making $28M each. Now it’s Harden and Wall
    contracts moving forward because Harden at $50M is just Harden.....unless they can move the Wall contract or
    Eric Gordon contract.plus for go return.

The truth hurts sometimes. Truth is the Rockets last reported offer to MDA was $2.5M with incentives that would
    bring it up to $5M. Ty Lue was reportedly asking for $9M. Was never going to happen here. JVG probably
    choked on his saliva when they offered him a sub $3M contract. I believe brabra was right that John Lucas
    was offered the job before Silas......but Lucas said no. The stress is not worth the something like $2.8M NBA
    head coaching job. Silas said....ok. Still waiting to see it reported has to how much Silas is going to get per year.
    I will be surprised if it’s more than $3M.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Does this apply to GMs too? Cuz I've seen more MOFs on here than HOFs. I don't spend time on here as others so I might be wrong.

Nook likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just because the Rockets didn't have good experience drafting doesn't make the lottery obsolete.

They also never picked in the Top 5 region in a very long time.

Harden was once drafted. By another organization.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

it certainly does pertain to GMs...
    I like Morey. I've shook his hand. I think he's one of the best in the biz... that said, the man has flaws... he's obviously an enabler, lacks certain personable skills and does not have enough appreciation for coaching and chemistry...
    I think that is a fair assessment - but somebodys gonna b triggered... lol!

There may be more MOFs (in Morey we trust) than HOFs - but the Harden White Knights are more vocal and far less reasonable and less willing to have a sensible exchange of opinions... prob jus Harden fans are younger than fans of an executive... lol!

Easy likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No doubt, but we are talking where the Rockets would have been slotted in the 20’s if CP3 was never traded. And that’s if CP3 stayed healthy enough to get us there. Again S G-A and Schroder helped
    carry him to look better.

No one could tell me who in the 20’s would have helped this team now.......window closing salary cap-wise
    when considering Harden contract going to $44M along with CP3. We have just changed out CP3 for Westbrook for
    now Wall. At the same crossroads of last ditch effort with this core team.....before major shakeup.

I’m told those first could help move Eric Gordon or Wall or Westbrook......CP3. Same crap different day then.. later year.

**this based of report Harden demanded trade after Warriors series in 18/19.....where CP3 didn’t do squat the whole
    series until game 6. Just my opinion. We are talking our current situation led by actions of the past two years. Not history of drafting in the past that take two to three years to develop, Rockets would have
    needed instant help now.

So was CP3 trade bad, yeah probably. But Harden forced it then. So these crossroads now could have
    been then. So at the time it was probably the best trade available at the time.

#65 ApacheWarrior, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The drafting strategy should have been altered or modified.

It was mostly drafting upside over need.

Now other teams are drafting need with little upside over pure upside and projects.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well I think we understand each other. Just the timing of the Harden era window changes need.

Timing is everything. Tilman can’t support two stars making $40 plus each while having a competitive enough
    team around them.

Truth is there is plenty of blame to go around. Harden included.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Look in your heart...

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew Blames had issues with the CP3 hand slap. I mean, I had my doubts before but that was the last straw. Thus dubbing him "Hardhead".

kjayp likes this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

'Blames' - thats classic!

Blames Hard-on... Pointing the finger at others and refusing to accept responsibility - coming soon to a strip club near you!

I'm so ready to move on from this fools gold loser... smh