1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Bob Barker 007

Their argument is based on the realization of bitcoin supply shortages in a few years and the continuation of a logarithmic growth rate: $1,000, $10,000, $100,000... It's not as far fetched as it might seem. It's still a guess.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hypebeast AF Bitcoin tbh

ramotadab likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Eh, tbh I don't really care, just in to make money and get out. Almost thinking of just calling it a day with a 3x.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think that's definitely possible...I see numbers closer to 500k-1 million as the potential.

6. Major

Major Member

So you believe that people are going to put $20 trillion of money into Bitcoin? For comparison, that's nearly triple the current value of all the gold ever to be mined in all of history.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It completely followed the rules this week, I even said so at the beginning of the week and told people we would likely see new ATHs this week.
    Banking on a dip was a terrible decision when we've been hovering around 11k for a few days and were in a steady horizontal position, this is nearly always the sign of new highs incoming.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Have to say it again, people should read up on sidechains and drive chains on Bitcoin.
    If this is implemented, all of the mentioned things and virtually every altcoin use will be able to be utilized with Bitcoin.

When implemented, you can have an Ethereum-like platform for smart contracts on one sidechain, a privacy sidechain that is like Monero on another, one for better scaling etc, all of those working with btc tokens.

Saying btc is limited or only existing for one reason is simply wrong. That's why it still has the strongest backing and isn't dying, the big investors who drive this aren't stupid and know the dev process.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It is completely different from Gold if utilized the right way, as I mentioned in a comment above.
    You can use btc for virtually everything that crypto is aiming at (value, currency, smart contracts, privacy, etc) and also much more approachable to the masses.

A huge part of the world economy could run on crypto in the future, so conservative comparisons to gold are completely misguided.

I'd never say that crypto will be a dramatic success and that things will work out like this, but you have to see why the comparison to gold is far off.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I saw IOTA trading as high as $5.8 on Binance, very late at night in Vegas. Kicking myself for not pulling the trigger and buying back at a lot cheaper prices. Urgh...

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but IOTA is tanking. It's at a lot cheaper prices now.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tanking extremely hard and hovering at around 3.30$ I think.
    Said it yesterday when talking IOTA, always be weary of these short-term mega pumps, almost always artificially done by some whale groups and crashing afterwards.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw, be weary of MANA/Decentraland, even though it went up 200% today.

It's basically the crypto+VR version of the game Second Life and technically intriguing, but the owners are extremely shady.

I wanted to invest months ago but read up on it at that time. Basically, they announced a public sale of their first tokens etc. But on the date of that sale, they suddenly closed the forum temporarily, changed hours etc and let anonymous whales buy the majority of their tokens.

This was completely intransparent and never explained, so it seems they 100% screwed with the community in order to make profits with undisclosed investors.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Along with people selling out to get their profits and put it in BTC. It always seems that when BTC is on the way up people are jumping in and getting money from all their Alts and trading it in for BTC. Then when BTC starts trending down they pull out and get back into Alts. It's definitely a cycle.

I knew a rise like that was going to come for IOTA eventually, I'm still in cheap enough where I am below the hovering point right now.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Definitely a factor as well, but IOTA was hit the hardest by far and was bound to be tested because of the recent huge pump.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I meant selling in the high $5s and repositioning it at a lower price, resulting in more shares.

I suck at timing the market, even back in the dotcom days.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Why do you keep on saying it was a pump? Wasn't the news of the marketplace with the biggest names in tech real?

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I meant rules in regards to dips...we can put quotations around dips, if that's what we want to call it... But the past few weeks have definitely not experienced the corrections we would normally expect.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Big news alone don't lead to such an enormous pump within a few days, this is almost always controlled by a few whales on specific exchanges.

jbasket likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True, that's why more conservative people say you should never sell your btc. Trying to aim for dips screwed a lot of people royally.