1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Doge has limits on its inflation too, to my understanding. So it's like fiat in a way, but not. And like bitcoin in a way... but not. Eh throw a hundred on it and let it sit! Or 50! If you have some spare change it couldn't hurt to throw a bit down and hodl.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No. 1 and 4 is basically all you need.

Also no one gives a damn about Litecoin (ok some do but I don't have interest in it when Bitcoin exists). WTH is Ripple? Doge is Doge. The currency of the future.

saitou likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

DOGE is a joke, but it's a joke during a bull market being hyped by cult of personality tech billionaires. It's being accepted at Mavs games and there are ATMs that will use it. It doesn't matter how solid the tech is, if everyone adopts it, it will continue to flourish.

I think right now and for at least the next few months, everything in Crypto will make money. But I won't be hodling DOGE after that.

#4883 Xerobull, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    dachuda86 and Blatz like this.
  4. Xerobull

This is huge news on ETH

Joshfast likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Whose the rockets fan

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I created a discord server to discuss all different types of investment opportunities like stocks, crypto, real estate.
    https://discord.gg/Bw4ZFfdj

#4886 RocketsLegend, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t work

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

fixed it

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Much gains.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

everything is trending to zero measured in bitcoin, there is no other/better opportunity for the next decade

nothing to discuss, other than how to accumulate and secure more bitcoin

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just curious about Bitcoin's end game.... honestly I am not up to speed on this and want to hear from some of you Bitcoin holders. What will happen to Bitcoin when it runs out? How will people be rewarded for mining it?

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There are many videos on this subject and they all have their unique take. Honestly you're asking the wrong questions. You're concerned about something that won't happen for another 80-120 years from now. But there is no bitcoin end game, regardless of what Bitcoin maximalist try to convince you otherwise.

If you're interested in the core of Bitcoin, spend a few hours watching Andreas Antonopoulos. He is by far one of the best Bitcoin disciples out there.

If you're just interested in gains, moons and lambos, go follow some random crypto shill.

If you're interested in how Bitcoin and crypto plays a role in economies and finance, you need a strong unbiased understanding of macro economics.

Musk had an interesting tweet recently and I dont disagree with him. “However, when fiat currency has negative real interest, only a fool wouldn’t look elsewhere,” Musk said in a tweet. “Bitcoin is almost as bs as fiat money. The key word is ‘almost’.”

Understand that Bitcoin is nothing more than a mathematical formula with various derivatives, include block size, block time, and halving cycles. Bitcoin price and hash (cost) currently have a symbiotic relationship.

Keep an eye out on two trends; When Bitcoin's cost accounting starts to decouple from the world reserve currency (also known as 1 Bitcoin = 1 Bitcoin) and when the value term Sats or Satoshis is used to state the value of accumulated Bitcoin. In other words, holders wont say 'I have .0001 Bitcoin', instead they will say 'I have 10,000 sats'.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Commodore

The mining reward denominated in bitcoin halves every four years, but the price of bitcoin increases far more than that. So even though less bitcoin is being distributed, miner revenue is still going way up.

Eventually, the lion's share of miner reward will be transaction fees.

14. Commodore

if you have iPhone, Clubhouse is a great way to interact with the top minds in Bitcoin

the Cafe Bitcoin club has a beginner's session every monday night

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's one thought I had regarding the extreme buys, but there is more to it.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There really isn't. I've been looking into NFT sports stuff and it's bizarre. But then cardboard pics of people (sports cards) being valuable is kinda weird, too, so we've been doing things like this for a while. Things are worth whatever people will pay for them. Nowadays, companies doing poorly in the stock market, NFTs, cryptos, etc. are all doing well. lol.

The one thing I can't get into my noggin is that with a physical item like a painting, comic book, diamond, etc. I feel like I own something that nobody else has while with these NFT's, I don't feel like I have something unique. Like I can see an NFT painting, video clip, etc. and "ok, that was cool" but I don't need to own it. With the Mona Lisa, I can hang it on a wall and everybody knows that's the only one out there. With an NFT clip it's the only one out there (or one of the few), but I basically just saw the exact same thing in a loop on a website that's really no different than owning it. It's probably just a "me" thing but it seems a bit forced. It's still kind of neat, though.

That, and there are some NBA scrubs out there with some really expensive NFTs. "You want me to pay what for that clown?!" :D Tweets being owned as an NFT also is bizarre. Ok, you own the first tweet. And? lol.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Ziggy likes this.