1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Omer

Omer Member

Well said, got into XLM yesterday after selling my LTC. Might get back into LTC once it dips again.

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Happy to help! I think XLM could be special, I just like that it's lower price so can make up some quick ground. Few others to watch for are TRX (doubled since last week 4 to 8 cents), POE, FUN (that's definitely a long hold), and strangely this one called FUEL (make sure it is etherparty if investing). Etherparty could jump to $1 at launch but is risky and not a huge fan of the name... But interesting enough for a cheap buy-in.

I don't think you'll be wrong going with LTC or even ETH if you decide to switch up, but just depends on how much you're investing/wanting to risk to see some nice gains etc.

If you find any exciting ones or if you have any other questions let me know. I'm definitely still learning too, but have quickly found out a lot from the others here and from my own research.

Also DBC that Math mentioned could be very interesting. It's only on Kucoin currently.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Everything is mooning right now. All my investments are green. How long can this last? Lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Get out now!!!! :)

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, hopefully a long time :) I still need to find a coin that's 0.005 and moons :)

6. Daddy Long Legs

Thats the dream. Some people became millionaires just by putting 70$ in verge when it was fractions of a penny and sold out when it was at its highest. Some of these coins are complete chit but can make you money if you play em right

Ive been reading a lot about the dot com bubble lately. This kind of reminds me of it. We still have a long way to go IMO because we are still at relatively low market participation but I do predict that over half of these alt coins will completely fail at some point. The ones that survive will go hard though.

Im just going to make sure that I make more than I lose and only put in non life changing amounts. Cant get too greedy!

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'm biased, but all altcoins are garbage because their protocols can be altered.

Bitcoin has the only three properties that matter (uncensorable transactions, immutable ledger, and a finite supply), but just as important, the protocol that enforces these rules has proven to be unchangeable.

The best example of this is when 90% of the mining power attempted to unilaterally alter the protocol to increase the block size, and they failed.

Bitcoin has been attacked relentlessly since its inception and refuses to change.

No other coin can replicate Bitcoin's distributed consensus model and network effect. It was a once in history event. Creating an altcoin is like trying to create a new language, not gonna happen.

Sure you can make money trading altcoins in the short term, but long term, they are all going to zero.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You think BTC will stand up to other alts that use less power consumption? I mean I think if BTC fell out Alts would die, and I don't disagree w/ you on your statement but just curious. BTC just is frustrating due to higher fees etc, but you're right its been there just fine.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Don’t trust anyone who claims to be smart enough to have definitive answers on predicting this.

We literally have some geniuses saying btc is archaic and will die to alt coins, some saying it will be digital gold that all other cryptos are based on, and some saying that alt coins will fizzle out and are only speculative investments based on jealousy of people that missed bitcoins rise.

I think everyone can agree that blockchain technology is here to stay in some form or fashion.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Omer

Omer Member

Got a friend that works venture capital in Silicon Valley. He mentioned Enigma, RChain, COSS. You guys know anything about these?

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Hadn't heard of COSS or Rchain.

COSS appears to be an exchange -- assume this coin is similar to the ones used by binance and kucoin. Their value depends on success of exchange. Nice, clean looking exchange -- never heard of it before now.

I'll have to look into Rchain more.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

don't agree with this at all

13. Daddy Long Legs

You think blockchain is just going to go extinct in society and no people or companies will utilize the technology for any purpose down the road?

Thats a pretty extreme view IMO

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Currently riding XLM/TRX...

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Def will check out, thanks for info

16. Fantasma Negro

Just a tip, the transfer fee for btc is a bit steep. Buy litecoin, transfer to your exchange account, convert it to btc buy alts. Total fee is like $5

CCity Zero and Amir's Johnson like this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Every single coin that im into has started with litecoin from coinbase.

Not only are bitcoin transfers more expensive, they also take considerably longer so prices could’ve changed big time by the time you receive the transfer.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah LTC all the way, hell even Eth but BTC.... Awful fees/time.

19. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah I got in on XLM today, good decision so far. Transferred LTC from GDAX to Binance to get it, took like 3 minutes and no transfer fee.

What do you guys think about creating a Clutchfans Crypto Whatsapp group to discuss these things?

20. Daddy Long Legs

Man cardano and stellar are treating me very well. Lets see how long this lasts.

I wonder if ADA breaks a dollar this week.

I want to drop more in while its trending up but I dont want to act sheepish or get greedy. I will wait for dips if I get back in if i get deeper into ADA

They have to be due for correction soon though IMO.