1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

So I estimated wrong, re-adjusted limits and profited. Simple, read and react. You think what's written is set in stone. You think a trader doesn't see when things get out of his expectations, he doesn't adjust?

I don't know if you're dumb enough to actually thinking reading and learning beats actually doing it. But you might just be. Given you love reading material more than practical experience.

Enjoy sitting on the sidelines bro, get some ****ing skin in the game and come back. Till then, you're nothing but just a dud.

Every investor lol? You got FX traders at banks as the big whale doing ridiculously big money **** with no idea. You got a Deutsche bank trader dropping $20k lots on Gdax left and right. You have his friend buying 1,000 of a CC called RISE, telling me what if it goes up 10%?

We're doing brainless, reckless **** because guess what? This is absolutely nuts & we can afford to lose it. There's nothing sensible in how this trades. Stop thinking you're educating yourself. If you truly are, tell me again @Yung-T did all of your CC education tell you LTC and BTC and ETH would shape up like this these past 10 days?

Yes or no? Answer that please @Yung-T

It's like rolling the dice. Simply nothing more or less.

SIL

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

And FWIW, in my day trading stride I did sell 370s and bought back in 341s. Won't work everytime. Risk I took, I could eat it. @Space Ghost not advocating following this at all. Just what I did, my risk appetite that's all. Please nobody follow me without able to lose what you put in, please.

I still have that 402-418 sell, 350-365 ready though. @Yung-T looks like I did well with that previous trade. My great education, analysis, research led me to that. Not luck, not at all. *sarcasm*

@mrm32 I hope it gets past 400.

SIL

mrm32 likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Your arrogance is quite bothersome. What have i learned in the last 10 days? That my initial investments are making 10x of whatever you think you can make this month. There are those of us who researched, studied and invested many months ago when many of these coins were in single and low double digits. And we continue to research it.

Then you have to nerve to act like you're risking something. Go back and invest 6-12 months ago and then come back and ask me to risk. At this point in the game youre taking table scraps off the kings table. Those who made significant investments 12 months ago are easily millionaires. Here you are bragging about the few thousand you're making now. :rolleyes:

Yung-T likes this.
  4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think a distinction should be made between trading and investing. Trading being SIL analyzing market charts and buy/sell walls to swing trade; investing being the typical hodler who buys a coin and sits on it (and the few that actually research the ins and outs of it).

I know there were jokes previously, but I don’t think “HODL” is a bad strategy tip to tell people. SIL is right, most had no idea LTC would pump like this — and if I HODL’d my initial investment into crypto, I would’ve made a killing off the ltc and eth pumps. But I didn’t, traded in and out of several coins and cost myself $ - both usd and bitcoin.

Doesn’t mean “you” shouldn’t trade. Means I shouldn’t trade lol and leave it to others. In my experience, I would’ve made more money holding coins than trying to trade in and out of them for profit.

Also, don’t forget: everyone (except LTF) makes money in a bull market. It’s easy being right on calls when everything pumps.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is what so many people who have been in the game for awhile now keep telling me. This market is too volatile and unreasonable to day trade. What I have learned is the trends in CC change drastically in a months time. I am starting to learn one of the least valuable metrics of measurement is studying history in CC.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Never said you didn't re-adjust, just plainly showing that you are randomly making up numbers and have zero clue when it comes to this market.
    And you also said mine and others posts were wrong recently while you fared better, so I'm showing that it's the actual opposite and that our education indeed led us to better assumptions.

I last bought in at 11.2k and there were indeed several solid prognosis which have shown that 20k wouldn't be unlikely this year. I also stated that the futures and other news would be a great thing for btc, so again, I indeed predicted a great rally.

As I explained yesterday and as people who actually know this market can see, ETH and LTC always follow after btc rallies, so yes, I knew that this would be the most likely outcome given the last few months.

Your posts are so devoid of substance it is pathetic at this point, nobody on this board gives any sh** about your income or trading volume.

It is pretty telling that you choose the moniker "SirIvyLeague" and need to point to your accolades and money in every post you get called out, insecurity and ego issues much? Again, no one gives a F and it's laughable that you need to do this on a basketball forum.

And as SpaceGhost said, you entered this during the biggest bull run in recent history, your success was given before you even lfited a finger. Talk to us again during bear phases and when 99% of coins die, but you'll not see it because you didn't bother to educate yourself.

IBTL likes this.
  7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Same here. It’s certainly capable as we say yesterday. Just need to HODL now which has always been my strategy but would have much rather done it at a better entry point. Oh well.

My takeaway is that it will either recover and surge again which would be great for the few coins that I own OR it could plummet back down below $200 ($150?) and I'll just stock up again and wait for the next pump.

#2687 mrm32, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I just noticed that Binance(currently $678) values Ether a lot less than GDAX(currently $755). Not cool Binance.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea we touched on that a few pages ago. You're paying a huge premium because of it being the well-known one, the least hassle involved and it being under US jurisdiction, so you won't have any real issues compared to HK based Binance.

People would likely be better of buying on Binance and then transacting to GDax or other exchanges, just need to know that every transaction is a tax event that you should record for your own safety.

donkeypunch likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just an FYI and reminder : CME begins trading bitcoin futures (with a 40+% margin requirement) this weekend.
    Also read yesterday that Interactive Brokers is going to allow customers to take short positions (futures contracts).

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

You've admitted in the last day that you don't know:

* How exchanges work
    * What market cap is or how it is calculated
    * From there, we can conclude you don't know how pricing works
    * You don't know anything about volume or how individual coins are different
    * You laughably thought XRP would go up because *Coinbase* would buy a whole bunch. When you found out that was wrong, you didn't change your expectation of XRP at all, meaning you don't even know why you're making up the price points you are making up. You're just making up reasons, and when they don't fit, you make up a new one.

We can go on and on. But these are not things "you can't know much about". The first few, in particular, are things that anyone with a brain could learn in about 5-10 minutes. The fact that you're too stupid or too arrogant to even bother is going work out really poorly for in the long haul. As I said earlier, anyone could make money the last few weeks because everything has gone up. The problem for you is when that stops, and the people who know more than you run circles around you.

jbasket and Yung-T like this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Real Shady likes this.
  13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Been avoiding this thread since the realization of my asinine decision to sell all 10 of my LTC at $95ish.

I sure can be stupid at times. With a gun to my head I couldn’t explain why I did that.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think everyone is missing the most important thing here. Sirivyleague has a lot of money, so he is right.

Seriously dude, tone down the tool factor and relax. It's just uncomfortable reading about someone bragging about their money on the internet. I'm embarrassed for you.

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'm risking my own money. That's definitely a legitimate way of gauging risk appetite.

Are you a millionaire at this? If not, shutup cause you've wasted your time. If all your years and hours of studying had any merit you should be making serious bank. More than me at least, and try 10s of thousands not just a few.

But I doubt you are, so again, sit on the sidelines. Do your research, if you enjoy it. Don't chirp when traders trade.

What I'm stating is simple. No amount of education will prepare you for this kind of trading, therefore, play at your own risk.

SIL

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

All that's wrong except thinking CB would buy in shares if they hosted it. That's it.

I was wrong on that end. Obviously that changes a lot. But I'm still long Ripple and that's got nothing to do with what I read here or there, or anywhere. Just cause I put a few hundred in, and if it booms...great. If it doesn't, well I'm out a few hundred.

Here's what your expert knowledge with Yung-B and Space w**** has gotten;

1) Watch other people make money
    2) Read about gains in market cap
    3) Believe basic economics and logic apply to trading here.
    4) Can't answer why LTCs market cap doubled in 2 days despite all your research.
    5) can't explain ETHs rally despite all your research.
    6) can't explain BTCs boom despite all your research.
    7) basically can't explain why anything is happening yet spend all day educating yourself.

Me:

1) wrong on the business practices of the most user friendly exchange.
    2) believer in no idea what to expect, prepare for anything.

Big wrong. I admit that. I don't get why they wouldn't. But you're right.

Again, until any of you three can show me what this great education has led to sit tight. Risk your own capital then talk. This is like my analyst at work telling me how to trade. So much more than noise.

And until you can answer the question that goes unanswered still, be quiet. Once again, why couldn't you guys tell LTC would blow up like this or BTC?

I'm waiting. So far, I blame all the unproductive hours of "learning" you're doing. I suggest actually trading, getting some skin in there.

Last, but not least, let the storm calm. I bet I'll still be able to trade effectively. Know some history, look up the best FX traders and bond traders in the 80s. They couldn't ****ing point to the country that they were trading their currency of. All this is paper to me, but we'll see.

SIL

#2697 SirIvyLeague, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Same applies to LTC with Binance & Gdax last night. You can arb to the two exchanges if the transfer didn't take forever.

SIL

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I risked a lot of money, not that I made or have a lot.

Big difference. I easily could be out all this.

That's my point.

SIL

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All these statements make me really doubt your stories, you don't even have to be in finance to understand that potential gains grow exponentially when your starting capital is vastly superior.

Also, this still doesn't mean you are fairing anyhow better. Seeing your choices and lack of information, you'd do much worse than others given you had the same small capital to start with.

The money boasting is really making you look clueless. You are a tiny fart in this market and there are whales who trade sums that make you look like an ant in comparison. Your whole idiotic chain of arguments relies on you having more capital and therefore moronically thinking your larger gains mean you are a better investor or trader than others.

I did in a reply to you and you conveniently didn't answer, no surprise you shy away when I provide actual posts and statements from all sides that debunk your nonsense.