1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

this thread sucks now. bunch of day traders.

Space Ghost likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Good news is after they get burned from this pump, they will go away crying that crypto is a scam. Works for me. Ill just keep buying the cheap coins and holding them. Ill enjoy my 10-20x pump and still appreciate my gains even if the coin crashes 50%.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Free IOTA;

https://www.reddit.com/r/IOTAFaucet/

on the right of the page is a captha, start a text post type in TagTipper Rocks! (the captha here and/or answer question) then post, get a one time 2000 iota.

type in I Love Iota (the captha here and/or answer question) then post, get a 20 iota, repeat every 10 minutes or so.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Significantly lower my outcome?

I'm going in thinking all of this is a scam. How does that lower my outcome? Seriously, every time I don't sell before bed I'm thinking I'm waking up to nothing but I can afford to risk it. If XRP makes it on to CB, do you genuinely think it won't move up?

Market cap I was off because I thought CB would buy in shares, hold some, and sell out progressively or restrict them. This alone would cause a price change once it's public on CB. That's not, not understanding shares and market cap. That's not understanding CBs business is JUST a broker. If I was hosting an exchange, I'd announce a public purchase and a limited public release. It's called driving the ****ing price up. I don't think there's any rules forbidding that in CC.

This isn't a stock, you're right. This isn't a physical commodity, this isn't anything we've seen. It's more than likely all bullshit, but there's money to be made so I'll play ball.

And again, like any trader will say if you haven't put more skin in the game than me and felt the heat of it, save the advice. I'm pretty sure I've made more in a single trade in this CC space than you have your entire time.

I'll continue throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks. If it ends up being a scam, so be it. The idea of getting in early in the penny range is just too enticing not too.

SIL

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Legit?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Do you guys keep your wallets offline? Like have your coins offline in case you want to keep your stuff long term? If so what do you guys use?

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yes it worked for me as soon as I posted

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This thread used to be an interesting discussion about 'what is money?' and 'why is bitcoin better than fiat?' . I missed those times.

Major likes this.
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@Yung-T since you're such a ****ing genius, where was LTCs market cap prior to Thursday and as of today? Where was it at the top of 2017 relative to other CCs? Where is it now relative to other CCs market cap wise? Whats the supply floating versus maximum available?

Explain why such changes happened in market cap of LTC. Explain why this can't happen to another CC?

SIL

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Completely missing my point and you don't need to boast about your accolades in every post.

The point is that even random reddit users will choose a better portfolio than you because they invested a few hours into educating themselves about the coins, technologies and how the prices etc are tied to market caps, competitors and other factors that you simply don't know about because you feel like it's not important.

Of course you're making a ton of money when you already have a large amount of capital to invest, but you'd make far more if you took this serious.

Space Ghost likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Never claimed I was a genius or doing better than the rest of you, no need to be aggressive.

And the questions you're asking can be answered by simply looking at coinmarketcap for example, so that again shows me that you invested way too little time instead of educating yourself and making more profits.

I'm always here stressing how I only want to help people and want everyone to profit from this as much as possible, so don't get why you feel the need to attack me now. Egos have no place in this.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I can't take this serious. It's all fluff to me. I'm just looking to get in on the ground level, and ride waves either direction. It's proven successful so far.

If you're saying I can optimize, I think otherwise. I think the whole after hours part is gone here. I can't manage it 24/7.

Just buy and hold, sell when you're happy at the level you're cashing out at. Ain't that the best way?

SIL

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Anyone look/buy into Siacoin, Moreno, or Ark yet?

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No, educate me on why another CCs market cap can't double? I don't know. Tell me you ****ing
    Cryptogenius. ****, there's a crypto with 1/3 of it's supply available. Yet it's market cap can't grow apparently. And it's so relevant that I shouldn't trade cause of it.

Give me a break bro. I already know the answers to the question I asked you

It doubled in 2 days, theres still about 40-45% supply. Cap blew up due to PRICE GROWTH.

And guess what NONE of that's relevant. It blew up cause it was the cheapest coin on CB.

This is applicable to other CCs. ****ing genius.

SIL

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I've looked at Ada, besides ones I've mentioned.

SIL

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Never said cap can't grow or that you shouldn't trade.
    No point in explaining any further if you resort to cursing at me, sorry. Have a nice day and do it your own way.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think you mean Monero?
    Monero and Ark are a clear buy, Sia has potential but has a lot of competition and some doubts because of its product genre.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You give an address for them to send you iota?

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You literally told me I'd have a worse outcome. Get lost.

Buy 188 WACOLTCs, sell 363s. Do it with 70 LTCs. 1 trade. That's my skin in the game...**** my accolades. Honestly, CC trading holds no boundaries. Expect the unexpected. If you don't think random **** can happen, I'd suggest you get a clue.

SIL

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Great for you, I honestly don't give a f how much money you have or make with trades.

If you believe investing randomly without educating yourself is a better way than knowing this market, its history and each coin's growth potential, dev community, competitors, present product, roadmap and price ties, I don't know what to tell you.