1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Oh I didn't hold since March, I sold 80% after it's crazy move to 32.00 because a major retrace was going to happen, I re-entered later when the market started looking better. I'll be holding until the end of bull run know, maybe make a few obvious swing trades but my portfolio is set, now just have to wait for the $$$$!!!

Are you holding a lot of Vechain?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Vechain has been my main bag since winter 2017, yes.
    Once in a while trade some of it for stuff like sol, Cate, Eth, dag, ltx, one and recently some of the adult market coins (really undervalued crypto market atm and starting to grow rapidly).

Invisible Fan and Mummywrap like this.
  3. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Crazy story, I bought Vechain after watching George on Cryptosrus (YouTube) shill it and got in at .78 I believe that was around March.

Both Trias and Vechain did very well! I don't hold big caps anymore, but Vechain will always have a special place in my heart, the Chinese have been very good to me lol

I started investing in crypto in Jan. If it wasn't for Vechain and Trias, idk if I'd still be in it, such a wicked start.

SOL is has been very nice, I'll probably pick some up during crypto winter along with Vechain and One and a few others.

I'll have to check it the adult market coins, I know nothing about them.

Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel free to join my crypto discord if you want to so that we can chat about it:

https://discord.gg/fW82nXfV

Mummywrap likes this.
  5. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Well do, thanks man!

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have a bunch of vechain that I lost access to. Don't know if I ever will. I bought it probably around the same time @Yung-T started pumping it here.

It seems like it still has the same value as it did around then, unfortunately.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

When was that? It's increasing in price relatively steady.

11. Two Sandwiches

I can't even remember. Had to have been sometime in 2017. I got a new phone and got locked out of my vechain Thor wallet, like an idiot. Had the password on there. If I got the phone booted back up, I might be able to, but the phone doesn't work. I figure if it ever spikes in value, I'll attempt.

I remember they did some kind of fork and it basically lost all it's value. Since then, it's slowly gained back to what I put in. At one point, my coin held one tenth the value of what I put in.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They did a token swap that was worth 1/100 but you received 100x coins to maintain the value.

It should be at least 3 or 4x from your buy-in price now.

Did you not have a recovery seed phrase for the wallet? They usually give you one.

13. Two Sandwiches

I was new to crypto back then. I saw my value dropped to basically 1/100th of what it was, and was upset. Never saw the extra tokens. If they gave me 100x tokens, I need to get the password. Stupid me, the phrase was on the phone and the phone died.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope everything will work out, you definitely should. And yes, everyone received the 100x coins in return so that no value was lost.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think I remember almost buying Loopring and possibly Waltonchain back then and ended up buying WTC. I bought a bunch of crap that still has dust on Binance like Request, Quantstamp, Waltonchain, etc. Good times. I still had a bunch of the XRP, VET, ETH, XLM, etc. from back around 2017/2018 that I finally sold earlier this year and dumped most of it into the stock market where it lives on. The only stuff I still have I think is a bunch of ADA which I never sold since back then and the VTHO generated from the VET I owned. I probably would still own VET, but it was a tax nightmare that I didn't want to keep track of or guess anymore.

Right now, all I'm hoping for is another massive 50%+ collapse, so I can pile in again. Not sure we're going to get it, so maybe just buy some low-hanging garbage and wait for people to pump it up and dump it. *shrug*

16. Two Sandwiches

So, this thread inspired me to spend 3 hours today doing phone surgery, accessing my vechain wallet from 2018, updating it, and forwarding it on. That's cool.

Feels like I found a decent amount of money today. Though I think I got screwed on the 1/100 split back in the day.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Does it show up as proper Vet?

18. Two Sandwiches

Yeah. It's not VEN or anything.

I also have a bunch of Thor sitting in my wallet because it's been a while.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How'd you get screwed? You should just have around 100x as much VET as VEN.

20. Two Sandwiches

The math works out to me having paid around $10 per VEN if I got the 100x. Was that ever the case? I don't think VEN was ever that high.

I put it in their wallet on 8/19/18. I know this was after the split, but I had had it for a couple months at least by that point. I remember the tank and my value of vechain dipping dramatically.