1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

How much of MATIC have y’all bought

ramotadab likes this.
  3. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

DeFi blue chips breaking out of consolidation one at a time is a thing of beauty.

started with COMP then AAVE. SUSHI up 28% today, SNX breaking out of the same big bull flag as SUSHI. MKR eventually I imagine.

I already added a bunch on SUSHI. Thinking hard about increasing bag of SNX.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

12 minutes of your life to understand DeFi in graphic form

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

Any thoughts on this being a sell point for MATIC? Was going to dump now on the high and split between XRP and LINK

6. I am a Donut

No idea where it will end up, but almost tagged 4 std. deviations band today...I'd feel okay selling here if I was in it.

[​IMG]

ths balla likes this.
  7. I am a Donut

Learning defi changed the way I look at crypto. Since it is the place where the most actual usage is happening, it makes for a good viewpoint to look at the rest of the space.

You get to actually get your hands dirty and interact with smart contracts...the tech and the whole space becomes more interesting once you're really using it as opposed to just reading about it and trading it. And I find lots of serious and crazy smart people writing/tweeting about crypto from the defi space...more so than elsewhere where the fantasies and shilling can get relentless.

Space Ghost, ramotadab and Xerobull like this.
  8. I am a Donut

This was just what I needed to decide to add to SNX. These should definitely be valuable airdrops.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Predictions are always muddy in this space, but mid to low 30s would be no surprise.

I didn't want to make outright fun of you, but it's weird when ppl are so bullish when bitcoin has shown zero strength on the small bounces off the 42k area, neither has ETH shown a decoupling behaviour in a true bear market, so this current bull we had isn't a real indicator of it suddenly doing so.

I'm not sure who you are following on twitter that made you so positive on this crash being harmless/over or Eth being the safe bet during a crash, but they are a bad source and went against the entire market sentiment and BTC chart behaviour.

ramotadab, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Quickest alt season ever. See you guys in 3.5 years in the V.2 thread.

11. I am a Donut

We have a 35% dd in BTC right now. 28% in ETH. There were SIX 30%+ dd in BTC in 2017.

The fundamentals are still bullish. Large funds are still holding and buying. On-chain metrics are fine e.g., Miners have not transferred their coins to exchanges....ETH exchange reserves are super low....there several funds I could point to and a dozen data points I could put up.

This not a crash by any definition. Clearly my perspective is longer term than yours. It's a long consolidation in bitcoin and a short correction in ETH which has been on fire all year. I think we are close to the local bottom all around, because this is extreme extent of an average bull market correction. If we go to 50%, fine, my timing is off and I'll keep adding more lower.

I didn't say ETH is a safe bet during a crash, you made that up, and I'm not really interested in an official eth decoupling. I'm super bullish on eth for reasons I'm sure you are not interested in.

You bearish case is sentiment (is there anything more fickle than crypto sentiment?) and weak bounces. okay.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

damn missed matic at $2.70. cashed out at $2.11. will buy this again + eth if there's a crash

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Does eth respect moving averages? 50day is at $2,485, will it find support there?

edit: barchart showing wrong info. binance showing,
    50 day at $2,763
    100 day at $2,246
    200 day at $1,543

#733 saitou, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  14. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

How low are we going here? When is it buying time?

ramotadab and saitou like this.
  15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yea that looks right. And I think it does but definitely nothing like the stock market

saitou likes this.
  16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

man I picked the worst time to buy link lol should have just avg down on psfe

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Looks like it respects the 50 day for the most part.

Rodman23 likes this.
  18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yes although it could be fake bounce

saitou likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And you're basing this on what? I've been doing crypto since 2016 and am not anyhow short-term thinking.

Maybe that's a sign that it may not just be a correction or bull market anymore?

And you're thinking this because?
    I'm not a BTC maximalist anyhow and always looking for the most promising projects with a solid foundation and use cases.
    Eth has been struggling with scaling and its original code since its inception and we always hear about the solution being "one year away", so far nothing.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tracking mid to small caps is like a full time job.

ramotadab, daywalker02 and saitou like this.