1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I gotta learn this micro cap coin game and how to get in early. Stupid money there.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, it's where the real $ is in the bull market. PancakeSwap.

It's sort of a DOGE 2.0. Earning power, deflationary and a finite supply.

http://catecoin.club/

Catecoin / Doge
    Supply
    100,000,000,000,000 / [​IMG] Unlimited Supply
    Burning 1 % with Every Transaction / [​IMG] No Burning
    Hodl and Earn Hodler will earn 1% of Every Transaction / [​IMG] No Earning Option
    Usage Defi Meme Platform / [​IMG] No Utility

ramotadab and jayhow92 like this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The biggest compliment is whether or not enough dorks pile into it to spike the price so you can get out with your winnings before a dip.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It'd be funnier if the stock market still operated off fundamentals rather than flow.

5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

defi meme platform is now a usage? whaaaaaaat. doge is the same usage...

6. Asian Sensation

@Xerobull killing it with the updates. I can only imagine the disgusting amounts of cheddar you’ve made getting in early on all these Shitcoins mooning.

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@Xerobull how's your xch farm going?

I bought a good price to speed/endurance 2tb nvme to play around with, this was $280 at a brick and mortar shop: https://www.amazon.sg/Transcend-MTE220S-Solid-State-TS2TMTE220S/dp/B0875JV151

Doing a 1.5hr stagger it it is plotting files within 5.5hrs. using a 1.25hr or 1hr stagger, it could probably plot 20-24 a day. the first phase (first 33%) is the most intensive hence better to stagger, later phases go faster.
    [​IMG]

I bought some 14tb drives for USD$300, but haven't opened them and will return them for refund. Network space is growing too quickly for me. It will likely quadruple within the next 30 days (at least). Single most important factor now is time to scale - plotting speed. I could build dedicated plotters to crank 50-60 a day (each), but would cost almost USD $3,000. After factoring long term storage costs, buying plotting/farming equipment could still come out ahead of just buying xch off exchange, but reward isn't worth the risk of getting the illiquid gear now imo.

My gear search doubled as a ground check on STX/WDC - equipment hasn't sold out here yet, but the ideal skus for plotting/farming are disappearing. For example, 2tb nvme and 14tb are imo the ideal sweet spots for price/perf after taking into consideration cpu bottlenecks, and apparently others are thinking the same way cos these are sold out at most stores; but other capacities are still available.

ramotadab likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A friend got his crypto account hacked and they took all his doge gains.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dogegone that sucks.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

doge has a $63bn market cap. CATE isn't getting anywhere close to that but it doesn't matter, it's starting from such a tiny base, worth a small gamble with your doge profitz.

dachuda86 and ramotadab like this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We are in shitcoin season, not alt season.

12. Xerobull

Pretty much the same boat. I refused shipment on the 350tb I bought. I can use that $6500 in crypto and make much more than what the mining is turning out to be. I had no idea how fast the difficulty was going up. The price of XCH is around 40% higher today then it was a week ago when I jumped on and the average earnings have gone down 25%. In a week, with the price up 40%.

I'm still going to mine it in a good pool whenever they launch (5/17?) but I won't dedicate thousands of dollars to it.

So we missed the boat on the early mining. Maybe the Chia team will do something about it, make it deflationary or add some sort of new utility to push the value.

The crypto itself has a lot of potential, though.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man ETH is on a tear.

14. Xerobull

Worth looking in to:

NFTX
    WOO
    MNGO
    BDP

mrm32, Invisible Fan, saitou and 2 others like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A lot of people just keep the drives for other coins that may come along that use something like Proof of Capacity or Proof of SpaceTime. BTW, rumblings about STX/WDC and their connections with Huawei being questioned by US government have some holders a bit nervous.

saitou likes this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

my god i can't catch a break with stocks atm.

edit: read the report. its seriously dumb. its a mass produced consumer product, how stx/wdc gonna stop their retail channels from reselling the drives to huawei. toshiba also manufactures drives. the ban was stupid to begin with.

#536 saitou, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    ramotadab likes this.
  17. Xerobull

$1.08 when posted on 4/22. $5.05 today (on DexTools.io, which is more reliable for Binance Smart Chain tokens). Moved up about 400 spots on the chart. This rock-solid gem should be a $10+ token, IMO.

#537 Xerobull, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    saitou and ramotadab like this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@Xerobull any thoughts on RAVN? already too big? i noticed it CATE is on RAVN network? seems like more than a cash grab - no premine, no ico, truly asic resistant, has a use case; but i also aware that there are lots of these tokenizing system coins out there.

19. Xerobull

It's RVN. At first glance it looks solid. Super high market cap at 1.3b. I may throw a few hundred at it. Reading up.

From my analytics service, it's an above average (not great) token. from a fundamentals and technical perspective. They also have it at bearish right now so a good time to buy.

saitou likes this.
  20. Xerobull

CATE update: Up 432% in the last 24 hours. They're prepping to be on Binance. Once it hits there, Oort cloud is the START!.

ramotadab and saitou like this.