1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What divides us won’t be along race, it will be based on beliefs as evidenced

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jul 23, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm gonna save you a little bit of time: Walk into your bathroom and look in the mirror. Then ask yourself, "Why do I spew bullsh!t online"?

The unfortunate part of the answer is because you actually believe it. A part of me is mad that you've been fooled by an ideology of hate. The other part feels sorry for you. Some kids learn at a slower rate and I don't feel its should be held against them. But damn...can you hurry the F up?! ;)

#121 B@ffled, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You didn't answer my question though. How do find the opportunity cost to invest so much time in posting insincere troll remarks?

Are you this toxic in real life?

3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Out here, in Harris Co., most of the folks I know are Patriots. We're rational people who hold jobs, pay taxes and believe in humanity. The D&D and dark posts of the Twitter box is the only place I come into contact with the hate mongering radicals. My only goal is to change one of you into rational human beings. Can I get an 'amen' @jiggyfly :D

I'm my own boss...if that helps answer your question. Sometimes business is slow and boredom leads to this..... You've got 24k posts, man. How do you do that and fill out your timesheet without any guilt? You know IT can track your keystroke, right? Just looking out for ya.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it's 2020 and I'm in a civil war thread created by someone who's been preparing for a civil war and now wishing for one

Rashmon likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Because I post thoughts sincerely. I told you. This is a place to orginize my thoughts and understand in a sincere matter other view points.

I see no worthwhile endeavor for your motivations where the opportunity cost is worth it.

What are you getting out of this? Like we know you are full of bs so who are you trying to impress? Or is your goal seriously to "trigger" random people because you have severe insecurities that led you into believing that is a worthwhile endeavor?

#125 fchowd0311, Jul 24, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You come to an echo chamber to hear other view points? Why not take a chance to expand your understanding and participate in d&d on a conservative platform? Then you can honestly say you are sincere in understanding others view points. At least I can say that's what I'm doing. And if my 'mild' expression trigger someone, I think they need to reflect on what it is they are allowing themselves to be triggered about. Everybody is responsible for their own reaction. Responsible people own it.

Don't let anything I post emotionally upset you. I'm just a dude posting... I'm not a threat to you or your loved ones. When you feel anger, take a step back, drill down and figure out what exactly it is that angers you, address it in your mind and you'll find you've just solved your own problem. 99% of the time it works 100% of the time.

7. fchowd0311

You have no clue what my personal life is to make a statement that I live in an ideolgical bubble.

Second, I am going to only listen to differing viewpoints from sincere posters. @Space Ghost disagrees with me on a lot. @Nook sometimes disagrees with me. @rocketsjudoka often disagrees with me. I can tell by their diction and what they express they come from a sincere position and don't turn everything into a meme the moment they don't have a counter argument. Engaging with those people has some productive value to me.

There is no worthwhile endeavor in engaging with insecure trolls. You are insincere majority of the time. You know it. We all now it. It's self evident in the way you type.

As emotionally triggered as you percieve I am, I can say the same for you as me being inquisitive of your motivations to dedicate so much time in posting insincere thoughts led you to making accusations that I feel like my family is threatened by you. Don't try to hyperbolize my questioning of what drives you.

I'm genuinely curious about the mindset you have.

#127 fchowd0311, Jul 24, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the One Directioners who are ruining this country

@Os Trigonum

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope you can't.

I am not trying to change anybody on a forum, I save that energy for my students.

There are only 3 posters who have tagged me in a post that I had nothing to do with

KC, Baffled and Os.

And KC only does it mocking somebody else not to get my attention.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

#129 jiggyfly, Jul 24, 2020
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ho Ho Ho

I'll check my history books, I'm pretty sure those Confederates were southern white supremacists that ran away from the Democratic Party to join their racist brethren in the Republican Party. History, yes, read it.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Pop quiz.

Which party am I?
    *Hint: Its not the Republicans
    • Defended slavery
    • Started the Civil War opposing Abe Lincoln's anti-slavery movement
    • Killed Abe Lincoln
    • Founded the KKK,
    • Fought against the Civil Rights Acts
    • Opposed the 13th (abolished slavery), 14th (citizenship), and 15th Amendments (Voting rights)
    • Leading the Marxist/Communist movement today
    Who am i?
    *Hint: It's not Obama or Biden
    • Just to list a few...... signed 3 bills to benefit Native people for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s,
    • Signed the biggest wilderness protection & conservation bill in a decade and designated 375,000 acres as protected land.
    • Signed an executive order that forces all healthcare providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much less providers charge insurance companies
    • Signed the First Step Act, a criminal justice bill which enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society.
    • Increased funding for HBCUs by more than 14%
    • Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels since the U.S. began collecting such data
    • More than 7 million jobs created and more than 400,000 in manufacturing
    • Has called on Congress to pass school choice legislation so that no child is trapped in a failing school because of his or her zip code.
      • Guess who apposes this *Hint: see the answer to the last question*

B@ffled likes this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Yep, it was the rich white dudes that owned plantations, who's money is still in play today because now they own big pharma and other big corporations, and push blatant lies through their media ie: Dem donors. ;)

We do have a pesky problem with an ignorant fringe faction that holds on to a defeated flag as a symbol that symbolizes their own ignorance. But we don't let the fringe run our party. Wish you guys could say the same. Then things would be civilized, wouldn't they?

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

The party of southern conservatives?

14. fchowd0311

Also are you claiming that Obama did nothing with criminal justice reform?

You do know Trump has made it worse by expanding the private prison industry.

Here are some things Obama has done for criminal justice reform:

1. Increase Commutations

The Brennan Center’s first recommendation for the president was to commute the sentences of individuals still locked up under overly-harsh drug penalties, particularly those sentenced under outdated crack guidelines. We called for a mass commutation that would retroactively apply the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010, recalibrating thousands of unjust sentences. A week after the release of the report, Obama announced his Clemency Initiative, a Justice Department priority to focus on reviewing and granting commutations (the presidential power to reduce prison sentences) for nonviolent prisoners sentenced under outdated drug penalties. Although Obama’s actions did not grant relief to all prisoners sentenced under the unfair crack guidelines (as the Brennan Center recommended) it is significant nonetheless. To date, the president has issued commutations to 306 individuals, more than the previous six presidents combined.

2. Create a Presidential Commission

The report also recommended the creation of a presidential commission to study mass incarceration and suggest high-impact reforms. In late 2014, following the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., Obama signed an executive order establishing the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing. It included a diverse group of stakeholders, chaired by former Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey and former Assistant Attorney General Laurie Robinson, to identify best practices in law enforcement and suggest possible reforms police departments could make to avoid future tragedies. Its final report was released in May 2015, and urged increased collaboration with community members, training, and implementation of a community policing model. Activists and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton have lauded the report’s recommendations. While the commission did not conduct in-depth analysis of the entire system, it both emphasized the need for improving law enforcement-community relations and decreasing the number of people coming in contact with the system in the first place.

3. End Federal Financial Subsidization of Mass Incarceration

Currently, the federal government sends $3.8 billion in federal grants to states and cities for criminal justice purposes. Unfortunately, these grants largely go out on autopilot, pressuring states to increase the number of arrests, prosecutions, and imprisonment without requiring a public safety reason. In its report, the Brennan Center called on the president to revamp federal grants so that they only go to states that reduce both incarceration and crime. Much can be done through the president’s executive authority to redirect these grants.

In response to the tragedy in Ferguson, President Obama established the Federal Interagency Law Enforcement Equipment Working Group in May 2015. Its purpose: to review law enforcement acquisition procedures and use of military grade equipment and funding. In the following months, the group issued a set of recommendations to limit the types of equipment flowing to local law enforcement agencies, improve government oversight and tracking of this equipment, and increase training for agencies that receive it.

In February 2015, then-U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder marked the anniversary of the Justice Department’s Smart on Crime Initiative — an effort by the Justice Department to reduce unnecessary incarceration and violent crime — with a speech touting the success of the program. The measures he cited — an increased focus on violent and serious crime, decreased prosecutions for low-level, non-violent offenses, and a 20 percent drop in the number of people being charged under drug-related mandatory minimums — directly aligned with several Brennan Center recommendations regarding Success-Oriented Funding.

The Justice Department unveiled similar changes to the federal government’s largest criminal justice grant, the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, which advocates contend has been financially subsidizing unwise drug war policies. The program’s new measures removed perverse incentives to increase unnecessary incarceration, including mandatory reporting on volume of arrests, amount of drugs seized, and the number of new drug-related cases opened.

All these changes are needed steps. But the Administration can and should go further to ensure that all federal resources – equipment and dollars – go toward legitimate public safety goals. A plethora of research and media articles have called on Washington to take this step. The President can do so by issuing an executive order to end the federal subsidization of mass incarceration.

4. “Banning the Box” for Federal Employment

In April, the federal government proposed a rule to ban “the box” — the question that asks applicants to disclose whether they’ve been convicted of a crime — on applications for federal employment. The rule will be finalized after a 60-day comment period. Earlier this month, the Brennan Center joined 134 allied organizations on a letter to President Barack Obama, asking him to “ban the box” on job applications for federal contracting positions. These moves parallel the final recommendation in the Brennan Center report calling for such action.

Such a decision would bring 40 million jobs within reach of people with criminal convictions. In today’s tough job market, a checked box on an employment application often offers employers a simple method to narrow down saturated applicant pools. Unfortunately, this creates significant barriers to former prisoners getting jobs, no matter their qualifications. One study found that employers were 50 percent less likely to offer interviews to white applicants with criminal records than those without them. The effect was even more significant for African Americans, who were 64 percent less likely to be interviewed if they had a criminal record.

Defining applicants by their past mistakes, without considering their qualifications and potential, is unjust and unnecessary. Having served their prescribed sentences, former prisoners have repaid their debt to society. Yet the stigma of their criminal conviction continues to punish them and, in many ways, permanently relegate them to a second-class status.

https://www.americanprogress.org/is...ivate-prisons-profiting-trump-administration/

15. fchowd0311

Wow. Is there a single GOP legislator today who is against the Citizens United Ruling?

Half of the Democrat legislative body was against that ruling and you are saying the Democrats are the party of corporate lobbying? Ya both parties succumb to lobbying, but there are at least Democrat candidates who have expressed tangible actions to end that system such as Warren and Bernie.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

My hope is that the older, established legislators who benefited from that are voted out. That is absolutely the worst ruling and caused so much corruption. McConnell needs to go. He represents what is wrong with our political system.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

White separatists have been calling for one since OKC bombing and before.

Are they mainstream now or just the president echoing these dark and "mentally disturbing" (looking @ you @NRA) thoughts?

vlaurelio and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

Okay but why are there plenty of Democrat politicians openly against the ruling and no GOP politicians if the Democrats are the party of big corporate lobbying? Both parties fall victim to this but one party has members in it that actively try to fight against it.

And it isn't just the establishment GOP. Trump is the new guard GOP and he never fights for these things. He made some statements in the campaign in 2015-2016 about lobbying but they were empty with no actual plan like the nuanced proposed bill by Warren to tackle lobbying and the revolving door.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, the Presidency is the fringe that is literally running your party. Honesty and integrity are civilized, lies and corruption are not.

Trump erupted over Esper's de facto ban on Confederate flag, sources say

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What party did Strom Thurmond start out in?
    What party did he finish his career in?
    Why did he switch?