1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What did you guys want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Whiteside to me is better than Thabeet we overpaid for thabeet. And Mayo should have been included in the thabeet deal Morey got robbed dont know why he gets so much love he is not that great imo.

2. PeppermintCandy

It's not just about court time. It's also about the time and energy spent by the coaches and trainers to teach the young player, during the season and especially in the summer. Guys like Joey Dorsey or Jordan Hill may not seem like a big risk, but they still require training and development by Sikma and others, which is a limited resource.

I don't have a problem with picking up Thabeet either, if the Rockets really feel he can grow into a good/great player. But I just don't want the Rockets to spend another two, three seasons settling for "best available".

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

thats my point. our assets aren't what we thought they were.

4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

True, but let's not act like the majority of assets who have have played worse this year were lottery picks that we passed up on all stars to get. Most of them over achieved relative to where they were drafted. So it isn't all that likely that a different GM would have the team stocked with superior assets than what we currently have. If anything it is likely another GM would have us about where the Cavs are now. After all we lost 2 all star players with minimal compensation, and Yao is not even going to give us the return that Lebron's sign and trade did for Cleveland.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'm happy, Morey obviously has started the rebuilding process. He understood the team was not going anywhere and the 1st steps have been taken. I can already see Morey trading Martin or Scola and some of the picks to move up in the draft come June.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I want the words "assets" and "upside" banned from Rocket talk...

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

in this draft?? OH HELL NO!!!...

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Why not, you pretty much saw that Morey overvalued his assets so why not move a Martin to Minnesota, for example, during draft night to move up. This draft isn't strong but it also creates more teams willing to trade down.

I think it's fairly obvious the rebuilding process has begun and more changes are coming.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If the Rockets can use Martin or Scola + whatever to move up in the draft and get someone like Perry Jones, Kyrie Irving, or Harrison Barnes, then they'll be in prime position to go after Dwight Howard or Deron Williams next season.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Problem is most teams with high draft picks are in the market for young players.

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Its always nice to see all of the tenured NBA GM's come out on Clutchfans and give their opinions on who we should have traded for. What players we should have just sent to the other team (regardless if they wanted them or not) to get the player we wanted. I really like hearing how that would have worked. How they would have made ALL the perfect moves. This is some great stuff.

You guys are wasting your time posting on here. Get those resumes in to the NBA right away. You guys are tenured NBA GMs and top talent scouts with years of experience building teams. The NBA needs you and your master plans.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Minnesota isn't (thanks to Kahn being an idiot)

I think something like Kevin Martin or Kyle Lowry + a 1st round pick could legitimately buy their high pick.

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I expect exactly we got especially with our Coach Adelman and our Stats Manager Morey- darn poor Coaching and Management!!! :p

14. monster

monster Member

I think some people confuse the real NBA with playstation NBA.

15. moreyball

moreyball Member

With all the stars going East, maybe it will be easier to acquire one through trade considering how teams dont like to trade superstars within the conference.

16. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

excuses, everyone is tired of bankin on draft picks. morey has gotten 0 superstars.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I dont think he overvalued them, I think he waited 1 year too late...But who knows maybe Bud will be a 15-17 pt scorer....Then we can put together something for Howard or Paul...Bud is still the key guy when you speak of "assets"(hate that word)...

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

MMhhhmm.. Now something is similar with our thoughts.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

and of course all morey had to do is snap his fingers and a superstar will appear

20. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

i wonder why the rockets organizations haven't considered at looking to clutchfans for future GMs? A lot of the posters here seem like they can do better.