1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What did you guys want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I like Dragic, he plays well and it seems like he's picked up a great deal of bball IQ from the several years he's been with Nash.

3. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

Boston wanted battier.... We could have got perkins for him

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's not a huge expenditure to give the guy some minutes off the bench. If it's not working out, you draft somebody you think better of and slot him in instead. We got Thabeet for an expiring contract off a team which is not going to make the playoffs. I don't know of any young centers who were available for just Battier except Thabeet.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope so... I'm just really impatient. Sucks seeing these teams in the East get all these players while we're in rebuilding mode. I know Morrey is gonna get more "assets" by the trade deadline and it sucked seeing the obvious come to fruition at 3pm.

The team needs to change in order to attract star players and they can start with the God awful uniforms and that puke inducing court of ours.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Mayo
    Green
    Whiteside
    Wallace
    All could have been had this deadline but we didn't take advantage :(

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I kinda wish we could have moved Scola for something. Gotten us maybe some more picks/ young talent so we could get Pat more minutes. But oh well. And Erd en went for 2nd round pick? With him and Thabust we would have some raw centers to work with hopefully one could atleast become a backup in the future.

Anyways I'm content he did what he could

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No way. If that were so,Perkins would have been a Rocket. Stop over rating Battier.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

What these deals do inadvertently is sift away the bandwagon fans and the player only fans. It's very apparent we're not going to be good in the near future, let's see who sticks with team and who bails for the sexy teams.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

because they weren't interested in our assets. morey still wanted to trade for melo even after he stated he only wants to go to NY. But DEN still decided to pass on us and trade him elsewhere. Even though Morey said himself we had the best offer on the table, according to him. i'm not saying we could have netted a superstar, but a superstar not wanting to come here wouldn't stop morey from trying to get him, like he did with melo.

11. RocketMania1991

[​IMG]

Any chance Morey was a bit bias?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Finally someone with some damn sense.

13. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Agree with what you said, with the possible exception of Thabeet. Deke and Hakeem have already worked with him. But hopefully he'll get it sooner or later. Chuck could probably do a lot to help him on a more consistent basis.

14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

OKC wanted size, which they get with Perkins... and that to me was probably the best move by any team this season. Perkins (If healthy) will make that team a contender instantly.
    Wallace is older and would have pushed this team to the playoffs but nothing more than a first round exit.
    Whiteside is the one player I was hoping the Rockets would get on the cheap. I'm sure Morey called about him but I'm guessing the Kings were asking too much.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sounds like he was available but no deal could be reached.

Ken Berger: The trigger-happy Rockets have redoubled their efforts to acquire Marcus Camby from Portland, sources say. Scenario is complicated because it could involve one or more pieces that would go to Minny for Jonny Flynn, i.e. Aaron Brooks. Camby has wanted all along to stay in Portland. But Houston, where he lives in offseason, is one of few places he'd go happily. NY is other

Marc Stein: A deal that WAS discussed today but I'm now told is unlikely to happen featured Houston's Aaron Brooks and Battier to Portland for Camby

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The trades themselves weren't the problem.

The problem was that the so called "assets" we had on the team were not attractive enough to others to where we could have gotten a more significant deal done. Too many players having down years. Responsibility for that falls on the players themselves and also the guy who brought them in.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Really want Wallace and thought Perkins could have been ours.
    Thinking Battier may be bought out & return, because he is a true professional and I hope he retires a Rocket.

Hope Thabeet moves in with Hakeem and becomes a monster!

Dragic ? Jury is still out on him.

18. HPD

HPD Member

19. RocketMania1991

Wallace does nothing for this team. Keeps us around .500 and we have to pay his contract.

And no chance Battier gets bought out. He loves Memphis.

20. thejav

thejav Member

Omer asik would have been nice...a lot better then thabeet..he is killing on the defensive end against the heat tonight..