1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What did Thorton do to be in JB's doghouse? (Rumors edition)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Dec 25, 2015.

Tags:
?

what did Thorton do to be in Jb's doghouse?

1. Harden got jealous and asked coach to bench him

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Thorton called JB junior instead of coach

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Thorton called Morey a moron by mistake

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Thorton is a lockeroom cancer and the reason for the poor start

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I didn't think he was that bad on the switching and screens. I actually thought his worst weaknesses was his inability to track his man when he didn't have the ball. The amount of backdoor cuts he gave up made me want to pull my hair out.

But to my original point, it wasn't worse than 90% of the other guys on the roster.

2. SeabrookMiglla

thornton has been a diamond in the rough find, and has bailed us out multiple times. he needs more minutes period.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Feel like he's earned consistent minutes at this point. Wish he wasn't shut out like this every so often, but it is what it is.

4. Prize Closet

Prize Closet Rookie

His advanced stats suggests he's easily one of the worst defenders in the league

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Eff the advanced stats. He's a good player. The team is filled with suck ass defenders. Thornton is no better or worse than most of them. Only difference is he has legit scoring ability

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

They all know he's leaving after this season and I don't blame the guy one bit.

I don't understand why he's not getting any playing time... I'm thinking Clutch may know, but can't really say right now...

So I guess the truth will come out at the end of the season...

T_Man

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You can't be serious.

8. jae713

jae713 Member

As much as I think Brewer has been playing horrendous, tonight there were a couple of plays where I was impressed by his defense on Kawhi.

9. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Exactly. Brewer is a good defender with the size to guard any 2/3 where Thornton isn't as good a defender in general and is also about four inches shorter. That's why Thornton isn't getting the nod again a 6'7" 230 lb beast athlete in Kawhi Leonard.

-rcketsfan1

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

his neck is too fat

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I wanna get mad, but jb spends so much time with these players and his salary is on the line. It's hard for me to trust myself over him on this.

12. theredbackpack

the only good thing brewer did tonight was be long and guard kawhi. i was so frustrated because i love corey, but the few times we went on scoring droughts i was thinking "well thornton would be nice right now..."

13. hakeemthagreat

Brewer is a HORRIBLE defender. He gambles way too much and ends up allowing his wide open opportunities. I recall last nite several instances where he let his man score off unnecessary gambling.

Thank you for stating the height difference. That may be why he's playing. But Brewer's been playing WAY too much over Thornton and JB gonna have guys requesting trades

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They are probably still rewarding Brewer for the Clippers comeback.

15. Prize Closet

Prize Closet Rookie

And last year, people were saying the same thing about Brewer. There is a reason these guys made a career of being on losing teams

16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Did anyone mention the back to backs? IIRC the last time he was frozen out was on the front end of a back to back and he played a lot of minutes on the second game?

I still don't see why he doesn't get consistent minutes with the 2nd unit :confused:

17. malakas

malakas Member

Both brewer and thornton are horrible defenders. Brewer is a little better.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Brew does a lot of good things on the D-end of the court; little on the O. Thornton does get more than his fair share of loose balls, he hustles. He shoots,often well. (Shame they can't do O/D shifts.)

Rox have a deep bench of good not great players. I'd 'kill' for a 2-1 for a better player, maybe twice. Nice. But, as if. Of course.

Now, if Jerry USA decides Brew is a proper vet for the pre-nascent 6ers then perhaps there's room to talk... :grin:

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think CF whines more after wins than after losses.

#59 Haymitch, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The really sad thing about the Rockets organization is they don't realize that Thorton, not just for the money, is the best 6th man they will ever get this season. There's nothing out there that's better than him as a 6th man at this very moment considering all factors.