1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Dave Chappelle has been up to.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheTruth, Jul 1, 2005.

1. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

I just read on gamespot that Dave Chappelle plays World of Warcraft. Awesome.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/29/news_6128319.html?tag=lastword_all_headline

Dave Chappelle loves World of Warcraft
    Famed and elusive comic praises Blizzard's popular MMORPG at San Francisco nightclub appearance.

After indefinitely abandoning work on his hit Chappelle's Show, comedian Dave Chappelle absconded to South Africa to escape the fallout. Since returning to the US, he has made several unannounced appearances at Los Angeles comedy clubs, and this week played two little-publicized shows at the Punchline in San Francisco.

At his San Francisco gigs, Chappelle revealed he has also been getting away to a place farther off than Johannesburg--Azeroth, no less. Attendees to Chappelle's Tuesday night show said the comedian voiced his love of a certain popular MMORPG from Blizzard Entertainment.

"You know what I've been playing a lot of?" the comedian reportedly asked the crowd. "World of Warcraft!" When a few cheers broke out, he reportedly responded, "I knew I had some geek brothers and sisters up in here!" Chappelle also was said to have expressed his amusement seeing WoW characters with names referring to his most famous sketches, including a rogue with a name inspired by the famous "I'm Rick James, B****" sketch.

Chappelle is a long-standing and vocal fan of games. Most famously, he did a Grand Theft Auto parody on his highly rated (and now in limbo) sketch series, the second season of which has shattered sales records on DVD. He also reportedly turned down a major role in GTA: San Andreas, although his Chappelle's Show costar Charlie Murphy voiced a San Fierro pimp in the game.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot

2. yobod

yobod Member

Africa my a$$, he's been doin this the whole time. He just didn't wanna be bothered while playing battlegrounds :D .

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I'm Leeroooooooooooy................NNNJenkins b****!

4. Fatty FatBastard

Have you been doing this, too? My friend and I have been playing X-Men on X-Box and I yell this every time we go into a new room.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I had heard he was back in rehab.

DD

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought he never was in rehab.

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I thought he was on a navy ship in international waters interrogating terrorists, all the while banging Jessica Simpson when not on duty.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I can definately see how WoW would make Dave Chapelle too lazy to make the next season of Chapelle's Show.

I played that game for 3 months and I think I only showered twice.