1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What could have/should have been: Rudy Gay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Nov 3, 2010.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Dude, try evolving for awhile and catch up with the rest of us. :p

2. Prince

Prince Member

I'm sure, No 22win streak and No game7 west semisfinals.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not sure why everyone brings up a player that would NEVER have been a Rocket, everytime we start losing, but forget the real tragedy of that night....

[​IMG]

This is the guy the Rox wanted and should have had playing in Rox Red.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

There are two reasons Rudy Gay isn't a Rocket. The $Balls didn't give him a high enough score. And secondly, the Rockets (Morey) mistakenly gambled that the reason they had a #8 pick in the first place (health of a star player) wasn't going to bite them on the arse again.

They were 100% wrong on both points. And before you get your panties in a wad....

Morey is on record that they didn't think Gay would develop as fast as he did. And paraphrasing Jeff Van Gundy (in an interview with a New York radio talk show as he was being ushered out the TC door). "Morey brought the deal to the table. Les wanted the MEM #24 pick but eventually OK'd the deal".

And nothing has changed. The $Balls continue to favor 3 and 4 year college players over Freshman and Sophs and the Rockets still gamble on the health of "star" players.

But they did manage to eventually get Memphis' #24 pick. It was Kyle Lowery. :p

1 person likes this.
  5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Get over it. Everyone knows Morey screwed up already. You dont trade the 6th pick in the draft for a role player ever. The Morey fans never remember that one stupid error he made. It was huge though. Its not Battier. its that we could have gotten something better than just Battier for Gay or kept Gay and traded him. Alot of stupid in that trade. I dont remember anyone trading away any top 10 picks for role players in recent history lately. :rolleyes:

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i gotta say he is helping my fantasy team a ton, #1 fantasy stats so far

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We didnt trade the #6 pick for a role player.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Oh right it was number 8 for a role player. :rolleyes: Get over yourself with me already. It was a trash move and its already a fact. Stop being a homer for mediocre moves. It was TRASH TRADE. I thnk everyone and their momm can agree no matter which pick it was.

9. cuddie

cuddie Member

Stromile Swift says hello, awwww yeaaaaah

Also, please don't confuse opinions with facts.

Here's a fact for you: opinion =/= fact.
    But if that were my opinion, and opinion =/= fact, then opinion DOES = fact, but if my opinion of opinion =/= fact = fact, then opinion doesn't equal fact, but then my opinion of opinion =/= fact =/= fact, which would then...inception.

10. dd89

dd89 Member

Here's some real advice for you: see a shrink. He or she will listen.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ones an Allstar and 20 point scorer and one is near the end of his career. Thats not alternate reality. :p

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Some of you are either clowns with basketball knowledge or got out of clown school and just posting on Clutchfans for giggles. Thats how rediculous your Battier Vs Rudy Gay comments are. Your bizarro backworlds world has Battier in another realm of star status that in no known or unknown universe any other GM agrees on. For that matter any basketball fan from any other team in the entire country believes along with you Battier supporters.

Clowns. :grin:

13. cuddie

cuddie Member

Rudy Gay has never been on the All-Star team, and his career average is 17.4. Those are the facts, darling. But that wasn't what I was contending.
    ^ That was. And in case you missed it the first hundred times:

1) If we didn't trade the pick, it would have been Thabo Sefolosha. We picked Rudy Gay for Memphis.
    2) We also traded Stromile Swift and his 4-year, $22 million contract in that package.

You're entitled to your opinion, but pweeasseee don't go around toting it as fact. For the record, I would rather have Rudy Gay on our team right now. But this is with hindsight. Back in 2006, McGrady wasn't broken, Yao wasn't (perpetually) broken, and Pluto was a planet. Things were different.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

His career average is 17 points but he has averaged near or above 20 points this season and last season. We could get rid of Stromile Swift another way, Doing a dumb trade is not a good reason to rid you of Swifts contract. It it was Thabo Sefalosha that would have proven how stupid we are even more. Rudy Gay should have been picked for us regardless who they say it would have been to cove their hides on the bad decisision. Which is fact it was a bad decision. No spin in the bad part on not drafting Rudy and trading to get Battier as the result to do so. Its facts. Wow you people on clutchfans can turn any concrete evidence into upside down sunshine world. Congratulations. Its monumental how some of these posters achieve this.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its like here. Your 0-5 record. Clutchfan responds or typical Battier supporter like below as an example to twist facts....

"NO ITS NOT! We just barely lost which means we cant be 0-5. Insert cockimamy response here to explain how 0-5 record is not 0-5 record with Battier starting and scoring 3 points a game for 4 of them. "

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Technically if Pluto is not a planet now? That means it never was.. Think about that for a ittle and try to dispute this logic. :p

17. cuddie

cuddie Member

"Dumb." "Stupid." "Bad."

You're dumb, your mother is stupid, and you have bad hair. Do you agree with me? No? Well it looks like we have a difference in opinion, because those aren't facts. I can point out your inability to differentiate fact from opinion, many might attest to your mother's stupidity, and women might be repulsed at the sight of you but they're still not facts. Subjective interpretations of a trade aren't facts, get that through your skull. I didn't like the trade either but see the other side you ignorant duck.
    That was the best example ever, thank you. However, barely losing still counts as losing, just like barely missing 20ppg is still missing 20ppg. You trying to argue the opposite would be just like someone arguing that our 0-5 record isn't 0-5, which I could actually see you doing.

Also, since you like "concrete evidence" here's something for you: Rudy Gay has never played a playoff game. Now that's a fact.

1 person likes this.
  18. cuddie

cuddie Member

Can do. If using the IAU's current definition for "planet," then yes, Pluto was never a planet. However, prior the the current definition Pluto fit within the expected parameters for a planet, and was therefore classified as such.

I know this may come as a shock to you, but...you're not as bright as you think. Gasp!

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

27.1 Rudy Gay this season so far. Thats not absense of facts. Thats above 20 points a game this season.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It never was a planet by the new definition of planets still. Its like the world was never really flat after it was discovered to be round. After they discovered its composition being a Kuiper Belt Object that just happens to be large. Means it was always just a large object caught in the Suns gravity. Therefor never ever really a planet after scientists learned more on how to truly discern which objects in space are planets and virtual asteroids on the outer reaches of our solar system. Discovery of these new found findings through exploration. ;)