1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

My tickets are free. I'll be a bit south of there at the ranch on the top of a hill watching the show with select invitees

Plus side is I don't have to deal with idiot people unless I invite them in. Haven't come up with a downside yet.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I thought of you being in the vicinity when I bought them.

Not really worried about idiots; my experience with this sort of music festival crowd is that the people are really just there to have a good time. I guess they're nice idiots? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

"select invitees"

I've run into instagram festival people one too many times..."I'm too old for this ****"

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Xerobull

**** that noise, brother.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

5. Buck Turgidson

Sure, but I'm not allowed to rage against the dips!!t kiddies, or I get called a Boomer or something.

eta: was having a wonderful meal a couple of weeks ago...the table of youngsters next to us all get out their phones when their entrees are delivered.

5 minutes later the chef (actual kitchen chef) comes out and says something along the lines of "I'm glad you like the looks of the food, I'll let this slide, but do it again and you're leaving"

I wanted to ****ing hug him, but all I could do was the 'head nod'

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Xerobull

[​IMG]

Screen addiction is a real problem. Wife told me the average time kids spend outside is 10 minutes a day, while the average screen time is 7 hours. SMH

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

IMG_1240.jpeg IMG_1258.jpeg Ain’t no party like a Dead and Co Party.
    And there ain’t no venue like The Gorge.

I’ve been to a lot of wild festivals and concerts but let me tell you… 3 nights camping with 27k + Dead Heads was as wild as it gets. People of all ages getting crazy. I’m not sure I saw more than 5 cops in 3 days. Drug use was rampant and out in the open. After the show the ballon mafia was out in force (not my bag but whatever). I’m sure you could find anything you wanted to find. Many Vendors had signs saying “will trade for tickets, weed, shrooms etc”. Over all it was an amazing time and if they do it again I’ll be there.

#247 VooDooPope, Jul 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Les Claypool’s Fearless Flying Frog Brigade in Austin and Houston back in June. The playing of Pink Floyd’s Animals was fantastic.
    IMG_0924.jpeg IMG_0918.jpeg IMG_0989.jpeg

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

And the Pixies in Houston and Austin in June were awesome as well. Next up Pixies in Colorado at tge Ford Amphitheater in Vail.
    IMG_1047.jpeg IMG_1069.jpeg

peleincubus and Xerobull like this.
  10. Hendrik Moagi

Hendrik Moagi Member

This year, I am about to attend Sabrina Carpenter's Emails I can't send the concert. I'm actually so excited because it will be my first ever concert that's outside my university. It's funny because I'm very much looking forward to it that I even have my outfit planned out.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I’ll just leave this here. If knew it was a wild time. Some people’s weekend didn’t go as well as mine.

https://komonews.com/news/local/dea...d-quincy-washington-grateful-music-band-group

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm going to see Tears for Fears again on Sunday...for the second time this year and the second time in my life lol

Xerobull, DCkid and VooDooPope like this.
  13. Xerobull

VooDooPope likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Saw Filter and Deadly Apples last night at Scout Bar in Clear Lake (Webster).

Filter was really good. They played for almost two hours, a mix of new and old, and their new stuff @boomboom is very good. Really it's just Richard Patrick and a bunch of younger guys now but they rock hard.

I was pleasantly surprised by Deadly Apples, which is an Industrial Metal band from Montreal. They were really lively and the frontman was fun, he smashed the **** out of the stage with his mic stand then walked around the bar a few times while singing. I got to meet him and shake his hand after. They closed with the song 'Self-Inflicted Opression' and it rocked hard. I have a video of the entire song which I'll post some day when I get around to uploading it.

Overall, cool venue, lots of Gen-X there enjoying the show, talked to a lot of them between songs, my wife laughed at what she called the 'Gen-X Head Bop' where everyone moves just their head and no part of their body.

boomboom likes this.
  15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel. Not a fan of stadium concerts but we had pretty good seats and it was good family time. Also not really a Billy Joel fan but the man has some good band talent and puts on a good show. Pleasantly surprised

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I know the head-bop well. It goes well with The Busdriver.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Saw Tenacious D last night. It was pretty good. They're a great act and have some funny bits. Some people brought their kids, which was questionable, because the D's lyrics are not for children. /shrug

Doors opened at 530 but the show didn't start until 8, so the place was packed well ahead of time. Had a fun time just people watching before the show. Interesting demographics.

boomboom likes this.
  18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Kyle Gass: America's Unsung Hero

Xerobull likes this.
  19. HTM

HTM Member

Matt and Kim were playing inside at White Oak last night during Tenacious D. I went to that.

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Xerobull

You discover what a small world it is when you talk to a lot of people. I also ran into one of my board game group buddies there. It's not a huge venue, either.