1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can we get from the Hornets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Dec 1, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

People jumping to conclusions all over the place, where did I say trade now or even next month? If you read correctly, you would understand, it is just something to consider, that's it! Who knows how long TJ might be out and I didn't say we shouldn't wait, I'm just saying consider it cause we might see D-Mo slumping a bit when TJ comes back. Obviously then is it a good trade, right now D-Mo over Zeller & Neal for sure.

2. rocketsmetalspd

DMo will not be moved, he has shown that he is worth keeping on the roster.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Really? Trading DMo when TJ comes back simply because he is "slumping a bit" is "obviously a good trade". LOL

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Biyombo is about the only one who gives me a slight thrill & sufficiently fills a need -- but I honestly wouldn't want to part with anyone outside of Dorsey, Black, Cisco or Daniels for him. Don't think CHA would do that deal.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Going back to his old self, if that..hopefully not. Stop nitpicking, you guys are something else..

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

They won't trade anything unless its an impact player so basically All-Star or Borderline All-Star.

IMO since I watch a lot of their games, they aren't bad at all, a lot of the games they lost fewer then 8 points, and was close all the way.They should be a .500 team if for not losing those close games. They only started hitting rock bottom cause MKG is out, and a lot of new players came in,they are still figuring out roles,and guys have been injured or out of form.

Overall we have nothing they want that can help them.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It sure would be nice to see P.J. Hairston on the Rockets. It's too bad, we don't have much to offer them.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dude. Biyombo over D-Mo? Zeller over D-Mo? Both of them over D-Mo? I think not. Right now IMHO is is a toss up over which is a more valuable asset for the Rockets - the NOP pick or D-Mo. And it is swinging in D-Mo's favor.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't think I have seen a Charlotte game yet this season. They are going to try to get a PF? Like Millsap? They want to recreate the frontcourt of the old Jazz teams with Millsap and Jefferson?

10. basketballholic

Are any of you guys that don't want Cody Zeller the same guys that wanted to "give DMo more time" last season? Cody is just starting his second season. He just turned 22 years old. And honestly, he's better right now than DMo is, even with DMo's improvement.

So....the trade to make is Terrence and KPaps and Dorsey for Cody and Chuck Hayes and Jeff Taylor (with Maxiell going to Toronto along with one of our second rounders).

That gives you a big man rotation of Dwight, DMo, Cody Zeller (I'm dreaming).

And you've got the Pels pick plus basically $10.6 million in Terry/Hayes expirings plus Canaan/Bev to turn a deal for a premier PG. Plus the Lin TPE is still sitting there untouched.

Get 'er done.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Two things to learn in this thread and somehow they both related to Lin.

- There are people here crazy about Cisco more than LOF obsessed about Lin.

- There are people here whose hating TJ more than LOH on Lin.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you guys are undervaluing biyombo. he would be a huge upgrade at backup center. he'd be the only one on the team besides dwight who could protect the rim and rebound.

they want shooters or a PF. we don't really have a PF to offer and daniels isn't enough of a draw to get biyombo. i don't think we have / are willing to give enough to make a deal if they are trying to make the playoffs.

now if they decide to go full tank mode, we can take biyombo into our TPE, give them daniels, black and a couple of second round picks.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ahem. ;) http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9371459&postcount=24

I'm not sure they're trying to go full tank mode, given that they won't deal Al & Kemba. I think they may be realizing they have a lot of parts around them that just don't fit all that well. I guess we'll see...

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Cody Zeller is an energy guy, like Terrence really except like not as good, they peak early and their ceiling isn't that high.

15. basketballholic

Cody is way more than an energy guy. Check his shooting percentages. Cody is going to be a terrific player for many years in this league. Tremendous work ethic. Tremendous basketball iq. He's a junkyard dog with skills. He'll be shooting the 3-ball in another year or so and will blossom into a big time player. Watch it happen. Remember I told you so.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Peak early? What big peaks early???

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I do not think so. If he understood NBA rotations and spacing he would be unobtainable. Biyombo is stuck in that nether region between understanding and physical talent. And he probably will remain there for the rest of his career.

Biyombo would actually be a significant down grade from D-Mo.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Cody is not so big and slow. Except he is a seven footer. He is fast for a man of that size, but not in D-Mo's league. With Howard and D-Mo the Rockets do not need another seven foot center. They need Jones back. Give it up jopat.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No, they are probably the ones who said Cody Zeller....

CANT SHOOT, CANT SHOOT, CANT SHOOT, CANT SHOOT, CANT SHOOT

[​IMG]

#39 dobro1229, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  20. Ghost_of_Akeem

Don't want anything from the Hornets, OP. Thank you for posting though.