1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can we expect in the way of internal progress?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 8, 2014.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

It is obvious that we need to decide whether wholesale changes are needed or just tweaking the rotation surrounding Harden and Dwight. This isnt the thread to debate between the two. Rather, what can we expect from the former Vipers next season? Might Canaan be an option behind Bev? Daniels behind James? Covington behind Parsons? What would these guys need to improve upon to get 15-20 minutes of run nightly next year without being liabilities? Can they make these improvements? Of all the topics regarding offseason acquistions/plans, I hadn't seen this one really discussed (though I admit it may have been). If it has then please lock.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Expecting 56-57 wins if same core is here.

3. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I really hope Covington develops defensively. If this happens and he keeps up his excellent 3 point shooting, I think he could give us the quality backup 3 minutes that Casspi and Hamilton couldn't. He's long and athletic, so I see no reason why this shouldn't happen with another year/offseason under his belt.

I think Canaan will be a rotation player as well, especially if/when Lin is moved. Daniels has already shown the ability to perform on a high level, though I wish he was a better ball handler so he could run the PG spot (he's too small to guard anything else).

I think Morey's best quality as GM is his ability to identify talent that slides in the NBA draft, and I really think he's done it again with Covington and Daniels especially.