1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What broadcast group is ESPN using for game 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bball1217, Apr 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bball1217

bball1217 Member

I was just wondering, does any one know who ESPN is using (broadcast crew) for our game 3 tomorrow?

Gracias.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

I think I saw a thread that said something like, "Jeff Van Gundy doing Friday's game."

So it'll be Mark Jackson, Van Gundy, and Mike Green? (not positive on the last person)

3. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

it's mike breen. but, all ive heard is JVG is doing it, assuming its his normal group, those 3 will be doing it. imo the best crew in bball right now.

though i miss bob costas from the good old days.

4. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Sounds good.

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I miss al micheals

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Probably not Mark Jackson. Usually, they only use the entire trio for ABC games.

I'm probably in the minority when I say that I enjoy Mark Jackson with these two (JVG and Breen). It's a very entertaining broadcast.

7. The Brian

The Brian Member

for basketball?

football, he's good, but i hated him for basketball.

costas was great, and breen is one of my favs now.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yeah I like it when JVG calls out Mark when he starts doing crazy talk.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I did not like Costas when he was doing PBP on NBC back in the 90s. I think he took over for Marv Albert after his scandal, right?

I don't know, Costas just seemed too in awe of the superstars. I hated how he always referred to Michael Jordan as "Michael" or "MJ" during his broadcasts.

10. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

yeah maybe i liked costas better as the studio host - mainly his voice over in those intros with the nba on nbc music. those were the best.

11. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I can always tell by looking at a thread, that the poster prlly has under 100 posts... when my theory occurs.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Wow. How does a thread inquiring about the ESPN Broadcast team for Friday evening generate 1 star???

Not enough T-Mac hate?? Not enough whines regarding Brooks, Artest, Hayes, Landry, Battier?? Not enough Rick Adelman bashing?? Need more "Yao is being wasted" crap??

I also heard that JVG would be there, so that probably includes Mike Breen. I can go without Jackson, since he sometimes seem to argue just for argument's sake.

13. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I think they're going with **** Thread, Dumb Question, and Repost. Not 100% but I'm pretty sure.

14. Asian Sensation

What happened to Bill Walton??

" Throw it down biiiiiig man throw it dowwwwn. One time ! "

15. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

yeah i just did a google search to figure it out but cant find it. i cant even remember the last season i heard him. maybe 2007?

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I thought about potential repost, but thats usually included by a buncha links to the first instance of said post. Or at least a mention that its covered elsewhere. Go_Korea said he thought he saw something elsewhere. As for this being a bad thread or dumb question I dunno, beats countless blame rick, blame brooks, blame T-Mac, and a few cool deke threads.

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yes! Love that. :D

18. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Well in game one there was some woman doing the color commentary and I don't know what her name was and I was kinda hesitant, but she actually really impressed me. She knew her stuff and knew the rockets pretty well. In game 2 I had to watch it on NBATV and they had those Portland Bozos. Talk about homers, plus they didn't know squat about the Rockets. The dude kept saying that Hayes was the back up to Scola - what he never heard of Landry?

19. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Why the hate. Too many trolls going around 1 starring threads because this was a legimate question. I was curious too.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Does anyone know when ESPN will replay Game 3 of the Rockets and on what channel (ESPN or ESPN2)? I know there will be like 3 games on ESPN Friday night.