1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What brand of water do you drink?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MartianMan, Dec 16, 2005.

?

What brand of water do you drink?

1. Aquafina

9.2%
  2. Dasani

10.5%
  3. Deja Blue

3.9%
  4. Fiji

2.6%
  5. Arrowhead

2.6%
  6. Purified Tap (Brita, Pur, etc.)

21.1%
  7. Tap Water

32.9%
  8. Other (kirkland, etc.)

17.1%
  1. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

It's very strange, but I have a huge preference for Aquafina. You'd think, water is just water, but for some reason, I prefer Aquafina as my source for bottled water. How about you?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Brita.

I used to have a Pur system, but meh, once I moved I was too lazy to reinstall it.

3. droxford

droxford Member

I have a four station reverse-osmosis filtration system installed at our house. I highly recommend them.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I drink nothing but water, although I don't really have a preference. I think I might try to stay away from Dasani (I think it was Dasani) since it seemed to taste strange to me, but I'm fine with most any other brand. In fact, while I stayed away from tap water back home, I'm fine with the tap water here in Austin. So I don't even really have a preference for bottled vs tap here in Austin.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

6. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

fiji...that stuffs the best

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Clean Water Act says that all running water that goes to homes must be drinkable: toilet, sink, or lawn. Health issues with tap water, the kind that would drive people to buy bottled water, is pretty bogus . Filters won't necessarily get rid of all the chlorine in there, nor would you want it to....

As for buying better premium water, the standards for bottling goes through the FDA instead of the EPA, and their tolerances are less stringent...

If it's about taste, most issues can be solved by refrigerating it first. But it's understandable if that doesn't fly.... So if you're drinking soft drinks from the fountain at restaurants, it takes that nasty tasting tap water to make it.

8. MartianMan

How much did that system cost, if you don't mind me asking?

9. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

you "drink nothing but water" with a name like RC Cola??? ;)

i drink austin tap water too.

if i drink bottled water, i choose Aquafina. the reason: a few years ago during the X-Games on espn, tony hawk was trying to win the "best trick" contest on the halfpipe by attempting to land a 900 (a trick that had never been landed and had eluded him for over a decade.) he kept trying and failing, but coming closer each time as the crowd got louder and louder. the last time he ran back up the stairs to the top of the ramp, he grabbed a bottle of Aquafina from bucky lasek and took a couple of gulps. he dropped-in and became the first man to ever land a 900 on a skateboard. Aquafina hasn't done that for me yet, but i'll keep tryin'. :D

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yeah I agree with this. I drink tap water. Bottled water is about the biggest rip off I've ever heard of. The only time I'll drink it is when I'm out on the lake and I need to sober up before driving the boat back to the marina.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Josef Hoffbauer Light.

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Fiji is awesome, but ridiculously priced.

Though they're usually hated on, I actually like Dasani and Ozarka.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It makes a good case study...that and Starbucks.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i usually buy aquafina for their water bottles and fill it up with tap water when its empty. use it for a couple of weeks before it gets brown with gunk near the opening, and then buy a new aquafina.

aquafina just because they have a more sturdier bottle.

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I also buy Aquafina for their bottles, but I fill it up with the water cooler at work. I think it's Arrowhead. I go for Aquafina bottles because the 1 liter ones have the widest openning. Makes it easier to fill it up without getting wet.

It's a pretty good system. I drink water from the cooler at work, and when I go home I fill up a liter bottle which usually enough to cover for the rest of the night. Only on the weekends, will I run out, and then I go for Brita'd tap water.

17. MartianMan

Lol. So I guess I'm not the only one with specific water preferences.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hehe...I thought everyone on the board knew my story. Long story short, I drank a lot of soft drinks a couple years back (about the time I registered). At the time, RC Cola was my soft drink of choice, so the name made sense at the time. Shortly after that, my dad told me to stop and drink some more water...so I did. I've had a few bad dreams where I drank some RC Cola, breaking my "no soft drink" streak, but other than that, it's been great. :)

Also, even though I don't drink them anymore, RC Cola is still the best soft drink out there.

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I like hot dog flavored water.

20. Isabel

Isabel Member

Back in Austin, it was tap water. The tap water here is hard and tastes kind of weird, but instead of getting the expensive bottled water I just fill up gallon jugs at those water stations. (can't think of the brand of this one, but you know, like Watermill Express and the like) So I don't know where that counts on the poll.