1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Bothers me most

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Onepaks, Nov 5, 2000.

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

I don't care that we lost to the clippers but what bothers me most is why in the hell do Mobley takes the last shot of the game. Will Rudy T. always do that. He has to remember that we have the Franchise. It will be fine with if Francis took tha last shot and miss it. At least he can learn because he will be the leader for us. But Mobley? Don't get me wrong, I like Mobley but I'd rather have Francis take the last shot than him. If Francis took the last shot, he could have at least draw a foul coz he will drive hard to the basket. Letting Francis take over the game and win it for us even if he fails will increase his confidence. Tell me what you think?

------------------

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i would go to stevie but maybe he does it because of experience and he also trusts cuttino A LOT. First game of cuttino's career he hits a game winning three. First playoff series last game the ball is in his hands against the lakers. Give it to scottie? no. Hakeem? no. Charles? no.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can understand Rudy's thinking here. Granted, overall Francis is a better player than Cat, but as far as isolation and game winning shots, Cuttino just as good if not better at getting to the basket as Steve.

------------------
    She hates testicles, thus limiting the men she can admire to Democratic
    candidates for president.
    -- John Greenway, "The American Tradition", on feminist
    Elizabeth Gould Davis

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Spend more time doing your homework, especially concentrate on english.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

5. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

What's wrong with his homework? I think he is correct in saying that Cuttino is as good or even better than Steve at getting to the basket.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

6. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

I think he was referring to the incoherence of the posts in this thread.

------------------
    Kenny Thomas had a foul called on him in the Western Conference Finals.

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I agree completely. How is Francis going to become the next MJ if he doesn't take game winning shots? [​IMG]

------------------
    2000-2001 Rockets Game Formulas:
    End of 1st quarter: "They're playing so well!"
    2nd: "What a great game!"
    3rd: "Theres no way they can lose now!"
    4th: "What the ******* **** happened?!!"
    Vote Gore to keep our planet green!
    Rocket's Championship 2001!!

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

26 times mj has had the game in his hands and missed. does anoyone remember that commercial? it's one of my favorites of all time.

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Now we are quibbling over game winning shots? Games are rarely won at the buzzer, they are more often lost.

Mobley is a SCORER...pure and simple. Why shouldn't he be taking the potential game winning shot? In the NBA, you live and die by your shooters. One night they can be a hero, the next the villian.

I would rather have won the game with a lead than a last second desperation shot. But Cuttino is my choice if it comes down to the wire.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

10. treeman

treeman Member

What bothers me is when people give a thread that's already been done to death an ambiguous name like "What bothers me most". It's misleading to those of us who can't afford to stay here 24hrs a day. I feel like I just got George Dubya'd outta my time.

Sorry, just had to say that. Hey, maybe it'll catch on. Yep...

But I must say this: Mobley gets the last shot because he's got the biggest set o balz on the team. He ain't no sissy, he'll take it straight to the hole, don't give a damn whether it's ShaQ or his mother at the other end, he knows where he wants it... That's why we go to Cat instead of Steve sometimes. Besides, if you were on D, would you run at Steve or Cat? That's actually a pretty tough one...

------------------